Monthly Release Notes - April 2019
|Automate||Bytware||CCSS||Document Management (RJS)|
Webdocs Tray Capture
Fixed issue with the application not prompting for credentials.
GoAnywhere Desktop Client
- Rebranded GoDrive for Windows as GoAnywhere Desktop Client.
- Overhauled the user interface to be more modern and to match the look and feel of the Web Client.
- Added support for devices to work with the Web User's Secure Folders. The new desktop client provides the following Secure Folder features:
- Listing the Secure Folders file system with file size and last modified date information.
- Upload and Download support of folders with persistent folder structure.
- Drag and drop from Windows Explorer to the GoAnywhere Desktop Client to upload files and folders.
- Renaming of files or folders.
- Drag and drop within the application to move files and folders.
- Deleting files and folders.
- Multiselect files and folders to perform mass delete, move, or download actions.
- Creating new folders.
- Breadcrumb style navigation to show current folder path and navigate to parent folders.
- Transfer Activity to view status of uploads and downloads.
- Local settings to define the default download folder and the default behavior when uploading a file that already exists.
- New authentication scheme that is safer and prevents Web Users from being accidentally disabled.
- Existing accounts will be automatically migrated to the new authentication scheme when first connecting to a server that supports it.
- This allows for the support of single sign-on and multi-factor authentication when registering a device.
- Device will prompt the user to reauthenticate their Web User when determined by administrator settings on the server.
- Added the option to Activate GoDrive for a newly registered device instead of automatically downloading data.
- Enhanced the Write EDI X12 task to provide the ability to write values from static text or variables.
- Improved the performance of the XML and EDI X12 data mapper interface.
- Enhanced the Project Folder deletion process to ensure there are no subfolders prior to deletion.
- Removed legacy user interface files from the Web Client that were no longer being used.
- Added extra padding above the Secure Form instructions area in the Web Client.
- Updated the Administrator and Web Client Login pages to fix alignment issues that appear when the GoAnywhere One-Time Password feature is used.
- Removed extra spacing on the Dropdown field configuration in the Secure Form Designer. This issue was introduced in version 6.1.0.
- Added some missing page titles in the Web Client.
- Updated the Switch Database wizard to shutdown the SLA engine when switching databases.
- Fixed an issue where the Trigger Logs 'Export Results' button was not hidden for users with only Trigger Logs - View permission. The button should only appear for users with the 'export' permission.
- Improved some French, German, and Portuguese language translations in the Web Client.
- Modified IAM Permissions to use object IDs instead of object names.
- Enhanced the Resource's View File Activity page to be accessible using the View Jobs permission on Admin User Roles.
- Fixed an issue where the Test Resource button was not appearing on the Add Resource page.
- Removed the pricing information from the Add-on marketplace.
- Removed a Product Administrator's ability to see Key Management events in the Admin User Activity Log.
- Updated the default sort order for the Service Level Agreement logs to be descending on the event ID.
- Updated the Secure Folder REST API's delete response to return a count of deleted items. This count allows client applications to verify the status of the delete request.
- Updated how Service Level Agreement scheduled tasks are canceled to allow them to finish execution.
- Fixed an issue where the Write EDI Task help link was incorrectly launching the Write XML Task topic.
- Fixed an issue were a Secure Form could be submitted before files being uploaded by the user had finished.
- Fixed an ajax error that was appearing in the web browser's console log when selecting a Web User's home directory in their profile.
- Fixed an issue where a Trigger's Move Down action was not updated after a Trigger was reordered.
- Fixed an issue where the Web Client's Logout and Help buttons can be given keyboard focus at the same time.
- Fixed a timing issue where some SLAs were ending 59 seconds before the end of their schedule.
- Fixed a timing issue where SLA 'not met' events were executed before the monitored Project had finished processing.
- Added an error message to the Project Designer to appear when a read or write EDI X12 task is using a Transaction Set that is not installed on the system.
- Fixed an issue where the Service Level Agreement Logs - View permission does not cause the 'Audit Logs' image in the Quick Links gadget to become enabled or link to the corresponding log page.
- Fixed an issue where mapping EDI X12 ISA Headers to RowSet variables was causing index out of bounds errors.
- Fixed a permission denied message that incorrectly stated the Security Settings Audit report can viewed by a Security Officer or Product Administrator. The report can only be ran by a Security Officer.
- Fixed a permissions issue that allowed a Project Executor to see the Project Search button.
- Fixes various permissions issues with the Agent Manager. These issues were introduced in 6.1.0.
- Fixed a permissions issue to ensure Project management features were not appearing to Admin Users who do not have permission to view the Project folder. This issue was introduced in version 6.1.0.
- Fixed an issue where pasting a Project location in the Add or Edit SLA page caused an error.
- Fixed an issue on the Read EDI X12 data mapping tool that made it possible to map multiple inputs to a single output column.
- Fixed the formatting of an error message that appeared when saving a custom Admin User Role.
- Fixed an issue where importing Projects from a ZIP file was not importing nested Projects and folders properly. This issue was introduced in version 6.1.0.
- Fixed an issue where database connections were not properly closed after AS2 file transfers. This issue was introduced in 6.1.0.
- Fixed an issue where the SLA Email action would cause an invalid error if no email address was specified on the action.
- Fixed an issue where the SLA would incorrectly appear as 'not met' because the monitored Project was called by a Call Project task.
- Fixed an issue that prevented file uploads to be canceled in the Administrator and Web Clients. This issue was introduced in 6.1.0.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Service Level Agreement from executing the Project action if the condition was 'Met' or 'Not met.'
- Updated the Web User Devices page so the Force User to Reauthenticate action item only appears for new device client types.
- Added a flag to device sessions to require access tokens and check for forced reauthentication after a GoDrive device migrates to the new desktop client authentication scheme.
- Fixed an issue where the Read EDI X12 task was not handling date values as the correct data type.
EDI X12 Data Translation
- Added a Read EDI X12 Task to read X12 files into RowSet variables, which can then be used in subsequent tasks to insert the data into a database or converted to other file formats.
- Created a Write EDI X12 Task that reads data from RowSets and writes it to an EDI X12 formatted file.
- Added a new data mapping wizard that allows you to visually map your data between RowSets and files.
- Enhanced the Marketplace to include EDI X12 Transaction Sets.
- Enhanced the Cloud Connector Manager to become the Add-on Manager to support both Cloud Connectors and EDI X12 Transaction Sets.
- Added over 6,000 X12 Transaction Set definitions to the online marketplace. Simply download the definition and use it in a Project to translate X12 files.
Granular Admin Permissions
- Added the ability to create custom Admin User Roles to allow administrators to control permissions on a per page level, granting an Admin User access or deny rights to create, view, update, promote, delete, or make other actions.
- Resource and Workflow Permissions were enhanced to provide granular permissions to actions that can be taken on those items.
- Modified all security checks in the Admin Client interface and in GoAnywhere Command to utilize the new granular permission scheme.
- Updated the existing Admin User Roles with the following permissions and considerations:
- Product Administrators can no longer hold, release, or clear job queues. This is a permission of the Job Manager role exclusively.
- Product Administrator can now access the System Key Vault and run the Product Usage Report.
- Key Managers have access to manage user defined Key Vaults.
- Master Encryption Keys are now available to both Product Administrator and the Security Officer.
- Web User Manager can now view service logs and send MDN receipts for AS2 logs.
Security Officers can run the Security Audit Report.
GoAnywhere One-Time Passwords
- Added a new multi-factor authentication option that utilizes SMS text messages and email to deliver One-Time Passwords to authenticating users. These settings can be enabled in the Login Settings page.
- Added options to Web Users and Admin Users to set their two-factor authentication option to the new GoAnywhere One-Time Password.
- Added additional fields on Admin Users to configure their Office Phone and Mobile Phone numbers.
Service Level Agreements
- Added the ability to specify Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for Monitors, Triggers and Projects. If they do not execute as expected, the SLA will not be met and alerts can be sent, or Projects can be executed to perform additional actions.
- Created a new Admin User Role for SLA Manager.
- Added a new Service Level Agreement log page to view SLA statuses on whether they were met or not met.
- Created new Service Level Agreement dashboard gadget and report to show SLA statistics over time.
- Added additional Global Settings to control the SLA runtime threads.
- Added the ability to save and manage search filters for audit logs and other list pages.
- Added a new simple date range selector to the filter framework on search pages.
Web Service APIs
- Added a new device-based OAuth authentication process for Web User Devices. This authentication option launches a browser for the user to complete the device registration allowing support for SSO and MFA.
- Added RESTful web service endpoints for Secure Folders functionality in the Web Client.
- Added RESTful web service endpoints for Secure Mail features in the Web Client.
- Added the ability to add or remove Web Users from Web User Groups using GoAnywhere Command.
- Added actions for importing, promoting, exporting and deleting Admin Users using GoAnywhere Command.
Accessibility and 508 Compliance
- Improved keyboard accessibility of the Web Client left navigation.
- Improved contrast ratio of text that displays on page headers in the Web Client.
- Added relevant page titles to each page in the Web Client.
- Improved keyboard accessibility of the Account menu in the Web Client.
- Improved keyboard accessibility of the More Actions menu on table rows in the Admin and Web Client interfaces.
- Fixed an issue where hidden items in the Web Client footer can receive keyboard focus when they should not be accessible.
Tasks and Resources
- Added a new PeSIT file transfer Resource and Task.
- Created a new data mapping graphical interface for the Read XML task in the Project Designer.
- Created a new data mapping graphical interface for the Write XML task in the Project Designer.
- Added support for AWS IAM role-based authentication to S3 Buckets when running GoAnywhere on an EC2 instance.
- Added support for AWS Security Token Service authentication to S3 Buckets where the account with the GoAnywhere MFT EC2 instance is in a different account than the bucket.
- Updated newly created SSH Resources to have password and public key authentication options selected by default.
- Updated newly created FTP and FTPS Resources to use passive data connections by default.
- Fixed an issue where the Encrypt PGP task would not use the correct key location after the Domain was switched to allow file-based keys.
- Added a new type of licensing option to accommodate scripted deployments, auto-scaling, built-in DR, and other situations where the physical servers are ephemeral and could change often. This is especially useful for AWS, Azure, and other cloud-based deployments.
- Added the ability to programmatically license an instance of GoAnywhere MFT using an online activator from the GoAnywhere Customer Portal.
- Added an option to configure the max threads for the Monitor runtime on Agents.
- Added an option to configure the max threads for the Project runtime on Agents.
- Added the ability to populate Secure Form dropdown fields with data stored in a database.
- Added a new tamper-evident logging feature to indicate if audit log records have been modified.
- Added new settings to Web Users and Web User Templates to override the AS2 decryption certificate and MDN signature certificate on a per user basis. By default, the certificates specified on the AS2 server settings are used.
- Enhanced the PCI Security Settings audit report to check for multi-factor authentication configuration.
- Modernized action icons across the Web Client and Admin interfaces.
- Updated the Web User Device Settings page to clarify that offline password verification settings apply to devices that support only GoDrive capabilities.
- Adjusted the layout of the Get License and Create Admin User Account pages.
- Disabled auto-complete on the initial account setup page.
- Removed an unnecessary uninstall license page from the Admin Client.
- Upgraded the Jackson Databind, Core, and Annotations libraries from version 2.9.7 to 2.9.8.
- Updated the Java Requirement in the PCI DSS Security Audit Report from 1.7 to 1.8.
- Upgraded the Jasper Reports Library from version 6.7.0 to 6.7.1.
- Upgraded the Netty library from version 3.10.4 to 4.1.33.
- Updated the Web Client dashboard icons.
- Updated the order of the options available in the Web Client preferences dropdown menu.
- Updated the error message to be more specific when sharing a file to an unregistered user within the Web Client.
- Removed an unused API endpoint for uploading files to Secure Folders.
- Fixed an issue where some sub elements on tasks were not correctly displaying when added before or after in the Project Designer.
- Fixed issue with the Component Library in the Project Designer where previous search terms were failing to clear on a new search.
- Fixed a misspelled certificate label on the Add Web User page.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a nonexistent user in the Administration audit log generated a missing bundle message error.
- Fixed an issue where adding a certificate with an expiration greater than 9999 to a file based or KMS key store caused an unhandled exception.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Update Profile' menu was available for the anonymous user in the Web Client.
- Fixed an issue where removing a virtual folder using an SFTP Resource would cause an error in the Web Client navigation panel if logged in to both interfaces at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where drag-and-drop was failing in the Web Client for file names containing a comma.
- Fixed a case-sensitivity issue in the Web Client where folders with the same name but with different case would fail to be shared.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Client where removing shared status from a folder was not reflected in the side navigation pane.
- Fixed an issue in the Web Client where sharing a home directory would fail in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where the Secure Form Designer was displaying a method not found exception in the system log in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue with the Secure Form Designer where the drag and drop feature causes visual glitching in some browsers.
- Fixed an issue where the active transfer progress bar in Secure Mail falsely shows complete in some cases which allows the message to be sent with a partial file.
- Fixed an issue where Secure Mail messages sent from a saved draft were not properly using the default password configured in the web user preferences.
- Added a Description variable to Monitors that can be passed to Projects and Monitor Email notifications.
- Expanded the length of the Monitor description from 256 to 512 characters.
- Fixed an issue where PGP tasks could fail to parse a PGP key from KMS when the Key ID is less than 16 characters.
- Fixed an issue where some Web Users could not reset their passwords if their account password expired prior to a GoAnywhere upgrade to 6.0 version.
- SQL Editor - Fixed issues with parenthesis and using the F4 key.
- SQL Editor - Display column size in data type after pressing F4.
Backup, Recovery, and Media Services (BRMS)
- Turn-key cloud control group deployment which allows customers to easily set up custom cloud control groups.
- Enable the green screen command to change control group attributes which were previously only available in the GUI.
- Backup for journaled objects changes is now the default setting: the default parameter value for SAVLIBBRM command has been changed to OBJJRN(*YES).
- New *OBJ list named QALLSPLF to backup all spooled files which improves restore performance.
- Support for the 3592-60F tape drive with *FMT3592A6 and FMT3592A6E densities.
- Enhanced log information: uses the system timestamp to preserve message order when messages are logged at the same second are displayed using DSPLOGBRM.
Version PTF 7.2/7.3 SI69233 (plus language PTFs)
- Integration of PowerHA IASP-based replication with IBM Copy Services Manager for DS8000 Metro Mirror and DS8000 Global Mirror replication solutions.
- PowerHA has been enhanced to enable DS8000 HyperSwap configuration in conjunction with Global Mirror for regional outage protection.
- The RPG Header files located in QHASM/QRPGLESRC for PowerHA APIs have been enhanced to use free-form RPG for easier usability and readability.
- When one or more storage devices are down or inaccessible, HyperSwap status screens and APIs now properly show the HyperSwap status as unknown, instead of reporting a potentially incorrect cached status.
PowerHA has been updated so that it no longer leaves QHASM in the product portion of the library list after the execution of commands.
- The number of HAC0026 and CPCBB01 joblog messages that contain a reason code of success, on many PowerHA commands has been reduced for enhanced usability.
The ADDHACFGD and CHGHACFGD command parameter HYSSTGTYPE has been renamed to SUBTYPE. Any existing CL programs that use these commands may require modification.
The CHGHYSSTS command default parameter for ASP device has been changed from *ALL to *SYSBAS. The *ALL option for the ASP device parameter is no longer available. Any existing CL programs that use these commands may require modification.
- Updates to the Powertech Multi-Factor Authentication IBM i Agent.
- Documentation for securing IBM i and Authentication Manager connections with TLS has been improved.
- The bash dependency for installing Powertech Antivirus has been removed.
- Users can now perform actions on selected Jobs through the new Actions menu on the Job Details window. The available actions are the following: Change, Hold, Release, and End.
- You can now monitor Disk Arm utilization through five new monitor types: Disk Arm Seeks, Disk Blocks Read, Disk Blocks Written, Disk Read Commands, and Disk Write Commands.
- To collect Disk Arm Utilization data for monitoring, review APAR SI63673 regarding service program QPYPFIFC. You must change QPYPFIFC *SRVPGM public authority to *USE. This change is necessary to collect Disk Arm data.
- You can now monitor the health of your Power HA environment with three new monitor types: Cluster Status, Cluster Node Status, and Cluster Resource Group Status.
- You can now drill into individual Cluster Groups to view the status of individual Sites.
- A Show Highest SQL Jobs option has been added to the High CPU Users view to display jobs utilizing SQL that are using large amounts of CPU.
- Users now have the ability to add gauge-style widgets to dashboards.
- The informational icon displayed when a license code expires has been updated.
- A number of additional fields have been added to the General Details panel linked to the new Work with Jobs functionality.
- A Spooled Files tab has been added to the Job Details window. This will show all available spooled files for the selected job.
- On the Short-Term History view, users now have to option to add graph color differentiation between different systems and items.
- On a Detailed History widget, users now have to option to add graph color differentiation between different systems and items.
- On a Short-Term History widget, users now have to option to add graph color differentiation between different systems and items.
- A right-click context menu has been added to the Show Dashboards List view to allow users the ability to remove dashboards without having to open the dashboard.
- To improve the performance of the Disk Summary, an option 'Group numeric file extensions' has been added to the Disk Summary Schedule that, when enabled, adds files with file extensions starting with numbers to the *NUMERIC group.
- The ability to toggle between Color Set by Item and Color Set by System on dashboard widgets for Short-Term History and Detailed History has been added to allow for color differentiation between items and systems.
- On the Detailed History view, users now have to option to add graph color differentiation between different systems and items.
- Restoring dashboards from the File menu has been changed to keep the existing dashboards rather than clearing them.
- MONHIP is now purged when the default Purge Detailed Data is set to *YES in MONPURGE.
- Added model 22A EPXD details into MONCPW.
- The default unit of measurement on Disk Summary views has been changed from megabytes (MB) to gigabytes (GB).
- Fixed an issue with exported History Summary View data being corrupted when Translated setting was turned on.
Version 188.8.131.52 Server Install
Security enhancement: Install process modified to prevent creating any objects in library QSYS.
- JDE user getting error on one UDC field, Column or global variable not found. JDE custom table with a field name 10 characters in length. Associated UDC field name was longer than 10 characters.
- ShowCase 9 SCPERM command displays wrong LPAR info when LPAR number is greater than 255, error when entering license code that the license is invalid.
- JDE E1 9.2 column security not enforced for UDC fields. This problem has been resolved so that when users are excluded from a JDE field, then any related UDC fields are also excluded.
- ShowCase 9 client error - '*N' when trying to connect using Hebrew language CCSID (424), no error if user has a CCSID of 37. Problem introduced in OS V7R3. This was corrected so that behavior consistent across all OS releases. Server must be installed with CCSID pair 01252/00037.
This server version is compatible with the Showcase client version 184.108.40.206.
Version 220.127.116.11 Client Patch
- Windows Server 2016 support added.
Copy paste from Showcase Query 18.104.22.168 (using Ctrl-C) to either Excel or iSeries screen adds a question mark '?' in front of the data.
The following patch updates are also included:
22.214.171.124 Client Patch (March 2018)
- There is a new configuration option where the Showcase 9 server can be setup to reject requests from down level Client version. This is a new feature in the 126.96.36.199 server build and 188.8.131.52 client build. An entry can be added to the configuration file, showcase.cfg, on the server, that would only accept connections from Showcase 184.108.40.206 or higher Client versions.
220.127.116.11 Client Patch (December 2017)
- Error when connecting to Query using the 18.104.22.168 patch with JDE World A 9.3 when an invalid Environment is selected.
Issue resolved when saving query results to Text-Unicode the BOM marker was missing.
22.214.171.124 Client Patch (March 22, 2016)
- Issue resolved where query client crashed when results were saved to Excel 4.0 if there were zero rows.
- Unicode Byte Order Marker (BOM) now included when saving results to CSV-Unicode format, ensuring proper translation of double-byte character sets when opening in Excel.
126.96.36.199 Client Patch (August 5, 2015)
- The default JDE Environment is always the last one in the list presented to EnterpriseOne users in Query. It has been changed to default to the most recent Environment selected.
The Query client timeout value set in Warehouse Manager (Resource Settings) now works for times more than 59 minutes.
188.8.131.52 Client Patch (January 6, 2015)
- Showcase Addin for Excel:
- Using VBA scripts to refresh queries failed after upgrading Client to 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11.
Using the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste data from a query to Excel, generated an error similar to “Showcase Query The item, Data.R1C1:R3C1637348, does not match the Query application.”
18.104.22.168 Client Patch (November 19, 2014)
- When editing the SQL of a Warehouse Builder Definition, the user selects Source\Query Editor and making valid changes to the SQL, clicking OK gives ‘X Encountered an improper argument’.
- Queries with SQLServer data source are crashing or locking up Showcase Query client when the DBQ was created in a version of Showcase prior to version 8.0 (missing database owner name, which was not required in older versions), or if the Collection/Database name have changed (i.e. from lower case to mixed case).
- Users open and run multiple queries against JDE data at a time. If they open and run a query, then immediately open another one, they get an error similar to ‘Column <”GLDCT01”> is not found in table’ specifying a UDC column.
Java Heap memory error when saving Query results to Excel 8.0 or 12.0 when the result set is very large (in excess of 300,000 rows and 160 columns). This requires setting the Java heap size on the client.
22.214.171.124 Client Patch (July 16, 2014)
Support added for SQL Server 2012. See the document, SQL Server Fix for Showcase 9.3 for details.
126.96.36.199 Client Patch (June 17, 2014)
- Support for Roles added to JD Edwards World A9.3 (requires 188.8.131.52 Server Patch).
Query title is truncated to 31 characters when printing. Introduced in 9.1.
184.108.40.206 Client Patch (April 16, 2014)
- One Showcase registry key value refers to IBM – corrected to remove that name.
- On Windows7 64-bit PC’s, after printing to XPS or PDF output, Excel may hang when adding Showcase Query references.
Date format was incorrect when saving Query results to XLSX.
220.127.116.11 Client Patch (February 11, 2014)
- JDE OneWorld or EnterpriseOne environments using Showcase with non-iSeries JDE profiles had batch jobs fail with SQL error, ‘Column “ XXXXXX” not in specified tables’.
- The Warehouse Builder SET fails with a non DB2 datasource (SQL Server) with error, “An error was returned from the SQL CLI procedure SQLConnect. The SQL state is: HY000. The native error code is: 0. The message text is Unknown error attempting to access server SCVD02:43419: null..”
- Enterprise Server log shows passwords in plain text
- On Windows7 64-bit the File \ Send Mail option is missing from Query. The code was rewritten so that both Query and Report Writer will check for the presence of MAPI configuration in the Windows registry. If it can’t find that, it looks in the win.ini for MAPI settings. Finding either of these will cause the Send Mail option to be displayed.
Support for Windows 8.1 added.
18.104.22.168 Client Patch (December 17, 2013)
- In version 9.1, every time a BATCHQUERY job is run, a QPRINT output file, with “Error opening debug file” in the text, gets created.
- Pass the IP address for submitted jobs to the Showcase exit point program.
Batch query fails with an error similar to ‘The batch job failed due to a SQL error’. This same query will run fine interactively. The QSQSRVR job log attached shows an error, “Library not found.”
22.214.171.124 Client Patch (November 18, 2013)
- Windows 8 Support.
Passwords in the scserver.log file will be encrypted.
126.96.36.199 Client Patch (August 19, 2013)
- Improved query performance when running the same query simultaneously over large files (million plus records).
- Saving query results to Excel with more than one million rows gives error: Excel found unreadable content in ‘file1.xlsx’.
- DBQs created in 188.8.131.52 for SQLServer datasource which were created without OWNER name, now do not open in 184.108.40.206.
- Report Writer doesn’t display the number of Most Recently Used (MRU) files that is configured in the Tools \ Options settings. It will not display any more than 4 previously open files regardless of what is configured for the number of files to display.
- Removed nuisance message when creating Data Views (Server patch 220.127.116.11 required).