Monthly Release Notes - July 2016
|Automate||Bytware||CCSS||Document Management (RJS)|
|Powertech||Robot||Safestone||Sequel & Showcase|
- Added a fully integrated RESTful API to allow powerful customization, management, and integration
- Covers all core functionality of Webdocs including, but not limited to:
- Document types
- Provides many options to work with specific features including data retrieval, updates, and deletes
- Covers all core functionality of Webdocs including, but not limited to:
- Added interactive documentation for the RESTful API to explore and test with no code required
- Refreshed the web user interface to provide a modern look and feel
- Streamlined the installation process to simplify new and updated installations
- New license management for consistency with other HelpSystems products
- Added new options to configure secure connections over SMTP for email functionality
- Added line wrapping for the output text component on Secure Forms.
- Upgraded the Amazon S3 API from version 1.10.20 to 1.11.14.
- Updated the retrieve email task to properly set the read timeout on the connection when downloading messages.
- Fixed an issue where exporting OpenPGP Key Ring Resources from GACMD fails when using certain backend databases.
- Fixed an issue where Syslog structured data messages did not contain the correct virtual path value for file transfers.
- Fixed an issue with file name scrubbing that was causing email retrieval to fail when the server is operating in read only mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Completed Jobs search page only allowed 30 characters for job names which prevented searching for jobs with names larger than 30 characters.
- Fixed an issue with file attachments in Outlook that occurs when the recipient is using an email client on MAC OS X.
Network Server Suite
- System performance when saving rules within the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) has been improved.
All IBM Level 1 to 4 Product Suites
- A system default has been added to control the SMTP timeout period within Message Communicator.
- The ability to automatically approve new users has been added.
- The ability to automatically assign a role on self-registration has been added.
- Visibility of task status has been added to within the administration view.
- The ability to define alerting at Group level has been added.
- The requirement for SMTP user / password for sending email has been removed.
- Time zone details are now included on the alert.
- Filter settings are remembered when F5 is used to refresh the display.
- Task instructions have been added to the Task Detail report.
- A 'Tasks per Week' column has been added to the Task Detail report.
- A 'Day/Time field' has been added to the Task Detail report.
- 'Task Percentage Completed' information is now available on the Task History report.
- A Tasks Overrun report is now available.
- A 'Schedule' column has been added to all reports.
- 'Total Tasks Undertaken' information is available when exporting to Excel.
- 'Total Time Allocated' has been added for each Group / Owner included on the report.
- 'Volume of Tasks' information has been added to the totals shown on the Task History report.
- The default orientation of reports has been changed to landscape so that all columns fit on a single page width.
- The ability to AdHoc run a Schedule has been added.
- The ability to cancel a task without specifying the 'Time Taken' parameter has been added.
- The ability to filter by Owner on the Scheduled Tasks display has been added.
- The ability to alert when a task is overdue has been added.
- The ability to assign a task to a group of users has been added.
- The ability to create tasks that recur every 'x' minutes has been added (where 'x' represents a number).
- Mutilple hyperlinks and document links can now be included on a single task.
- A SAN device's URL can now be used as a web page link within a task.
- [BUG FIX] A number of performance issues have been fixed.
- [BUG FIX] When scanning for Layer 2 devices, an exception in certain uncommon cases has been fixed.
- [BUG FIX] Vantage Points created from the Device Info window now saved properly.
- [BUG FIX] Intermapper Remote Access Sound notifiers now work properly on Linux and Windows machines.
- [BUG FIX] Fixed Mac OS X problem when selecting a Link Notifier
- [BUG FIX] Problem with Flows window fixed.
- [BUG FIX] Intermapper Remote Access Registration window now displays properly.
- [BUG FIX] Selection of many interfaces notifiers using Alt-Click improved.
- [BUG FIX] Notifiers window now works properly when viewing an interface.
- [BUG FIX] You can now use a % (percent) symbol in a URL when defining a double-click action.
- [BUG FIX] The Interface Thresholds window now supports Japanese localization.
- [BUG FIX] A number of unnecessary debug log messages have been removed.
- [BUG FIX] Layer 2 scanning has been improved.
- Authority Broker is now delivered with new deployment functionality, including the ability to stage the product installation.
- Changes have been made to the License Agreement verbiage.
- Message information has been changed from "PowerTech" to "HelpSystems."
- The history purge no longer removes records prematurely, causing empty Event Reports.
- Command Security is now delivered with new deployment functionality, including the ability to stage the product installation.
- Failure to prompt and subsequently execute a monitored command due to a duplicate command name in different library has been resolved.
- Panel PCS3231’s screen legend for “Ignore text case” has been changed to more accurately reflect the nature of the parameter.
- A new utility program, PCS9990, has been added to the product. This program can be used if one of the system semaphores used by Command Security becomes “stuck” and is adversely affecting product functionality.
- Enhanced the performance when decrypting fields. When using AUTLCACHE(*YES) the process now caches the information for each current user.
- Enhanced the performance when decrypting different types of fields together in the same job.
- Enhanced the FNDDBFLD command to read "PF38" source members.
- Enhanced the FNDDBFLD command to work with libraries, files and files that are surounded by double quotes.
- Added a new program API named CRRP015 that will allow customers to change the current user of the job. This change will be recognized when using Field Procedures.
The Robot Monitor GUI (graphical user interface) has been updated with a contemporary look and additional functionality.
New icons and menus were used.
The Home Menu sidebar provides easy access to multiple views, including your dashboards, systems, and threshold activity.
Licenses can be loaded and managed through the GUI.
NEW! Robot Monitor now has customizable dashboards.
The dashboards display a mix of real-time, historical, and disk summary information across multiple monitored systems.
You can add a variety of widgets to your dashboard that allow you to analyze data across your network from one screen.
Dashboards can be personalized with text and image widgets.
You can view several systems, as well as system groups, in the GUI through a list of available systems.
Robot Monitor views allow you to monitor, analyze, and export different types of data.
Views can contain a single system, a group of systems, or all systems.
There are ten types of views available, including a Monitor view, Short-term History view, Detailed History view, History Summary view, System Data view, and High CPU Users view.
The PTF Comparison view allows you to group and compare PTFs on systems at the same release level without using a 5250 session.
Robot Monitor supports environments of any size, whether you’re running a single partition or more than 100 partitions.