Dec 21, 2020
This release provides the ability to generate reports from data to keep track of past situations or present them to other stakeholders.
Vityl IT & Business Monitoring now provides 'out-of-the-box' pre-built views to manage and filter your IT Infrastructure. These views make it fast and simple to navigate through the assets. User views are also available to provide the vision each user needs for the assets.
With this release it is possible to integrate the alerts from your cloud applications and systems into Vityl IT and Business Monitoring and control all your IT assets in cloud, on premise or on hybrid environments.
Vityl IT & Business Monitoring assets in Event Manager, which are used to integrate "Vityl" issues into Event Manager, have a new attribute "Exclude Issues not affecting the asset core" made available.
A new physical memory control has been made available on AIX servers.
Trace improvements have been made to detect necessary attributes not found when triggering application errors.
After deleting an asset in Orchestrator web, the grid page was still maintained. This has been fixed.
Performance of VMWare vCenter Server application monitorization has been improved so that CPU usage has been reduced by about 50-70%.
Changed the "Send summary status notification when the activity resumed" attribute default from false to true for Vityl IT Assets in notification settings. With this attribute enabled a summary notification is sent when an asset exits from an maintenance period.
A free space check has been added to the Oracle Tablespaces availability control.
It is now possible to use long passwords in credentials.
Criticalness configuration can now be customized for the Windows Event Log generic control.
The Axis2 library versions 1.5 and 1.6.1 have been upgraded to version 1.7.9. This library is used in HelpSystems - Orchestrator Idx and HelpSystems - ThinkServer Java System i Server modules.
The API version has been updated on the requests from Azure metrics.
Criticalness configuration can now be customized for Integrated Controls.
IBM i system connections can now be configured outside the Windows Interactive session from the HelpSystems settings configurator.
It is no longer possible to delete an asset with non-templatized monitors (manually created from ThinkServer configurator).
It is no longer required to input the user password while scheduling reports.
It is now possible to choose whether to use an encrypted connection to the product databases during the installation process.
Reorganizing of indexes, included in the maintenance process, will only be executed at weekends to avoid affecting production hours.
The Events Maintenance process is now five times faster.
The product now uses an OpenJDK JRE version.
Virtual Memory, Handles and Threads metrics have been added to Windows Processes.
Vityl IT & Business Monitoring for Linux and Unix systems can use a user, private key file and a passphrase for authentication.
Some configuration changes in Vityl It & Business Monitoring took too much time to apply because there were an internal #RECOVERY_OPERATIONS_FULL_SYNCHRO# request in process. This has been fixed.
New attribute MinutesIncorrectActivity for IBMi Job elements allows you to defer a critical or warning condition. The attribute waits until the condition is reached after the amount of minutes in this field.
Closed issues outside of calendar were not showing in the issues list. This has been fixed.
If you use option "Edit Attributes" immediately after creating a device without a specific model you could receive an error : "Getting attribute type list for entity with name: ****_undefined_undefined". This has been fixed.
Generic Website monitors timeout has been changed to 30 seconds.
After upgrading to v6.4, there were some cases where the Scheduler Service couldn't start. This has been fixed.
After upgrading to version 6.4 from previous versions some old files could remain forever in ThinkServer\transient folder and errors "invalid vector<T> subscript" could appear in ThinkServer\logs\T4BDSR.log. This has been fixed in this release.
Fixed the view of 'not integer' numeric metrics on Business Processes module.
If Batch Process received a delayed end date (from previous days with a date in current day) for some of their stages or tasks, the analysis tab showed an error. This has been fixed.
ThinkServer module monitors remained in Unknown status instead of returning proper health status if there were multiple "MaxThreads" DataSources of the same Type. This has been fixed.
The Generic Folder Check (New Files in Folder) now works as expected.
Multiple scroll bars were shown when switching rapidly between monitors. This has been fixed.
When showing the attributes of a set of elements that is bigger than a page, the scroller did not move. This has been fixed.
The installation process has been improved to force a restart if it is pending after an automatic Windows Update.
Fixed a memory leak in the SmartConsole Module.
License credits for Dashboards were exhausted because sessions were not freed. This has been fixed.
Event Manager Inspector module crashed (and generated a dump) when connection with DB was lost. This has been fixed.
It is now possible to create new calendar range sets with the required name.
AccessServer maintenance could report an error when trying to resolve extremes. This has been fixed.
AIX collectors are not parsing the data correctly because they are case-sensitive. This has been fixed.
Charts could have missing data for current intervals if lots of errors "Query timeout expired" were returned to HelpSystems - PMB service from SQL Server. These errors were located in PMDB log files. This has been fixed.
There was a problem when trying to change AccessServer service port number. This has been fixed.
MTBF & MTTR on the Worst Components Table on some reports were not calculated correctly. This has been fixed.
Some reports weren't showing the top 'N' worst elements ranking. This has been fixed.
The ability to exclude groups from requests when creating file ServiceExcluded.ndx in folder \YellowPages\bin\cache with the same format as Service.ndx file has been added to prevent the User Directory Service from crashing.
Monitors manually created from HelpSystems ThinkServer configurator with a specific configuration just retrieved events until they reached "Max process lines". This has been fixed.
IBM i Temporary storage check was reporting a script error while trying to report a warning or critical status. This has been fixed.
Missleading description in generic website boolean check. The message has been improved.
Vityl IT and Business Monitoring analysis tab of an Online Service with a Period of type "Last..." selected, asked for data twice in each refresh thus increasing DB CPU usage. This has been fixed.
SNMP monitors were crashing on some occasions when monitoring MIBs. A fix has been applied to resolve this issue.
A new translation table "International EBCDIC500.tdf" has been made available in the IBMi/iSeries connection defined for SmartConsole, to allow all events from IBM i to be displayed in the SmartConsole Web Client.
Monitors for Linux assets failed with errors "Couldn't agree a key exchange algorithm...". This occurred in newer Linux versions (such as Ubuntu 20) or if configuration of ssh service had been modified from the default values. This has been fixed.
Monitors created manually from ThinkServer Configurator module of Vityl IT & Business Monitoring for Advance Database Reader type of DataSource had various problems which have been fixed in this release.
SelfMonitoring monitor for "SmartConsole Outdated" Assets control could fail with monitoring error "...Parsing regular expression ...". This has been fixed in this release but if upgrading from v6.4 to this release, a manual fix is required.
The C++ vulnerability has been fixed in this release (CVE-2012-6151).
The 'Improper Restriction of Rendered UI Layers or Frames' vulnerability has been corrected. Clickjacking attacks are now prevented (CWE-1021).
Exposure of Sensitive Information to an Unauthorized Actor vulnerability has been fixed. The detailed version information exposure has been turned off (CWE-200).
The 'Generation of Error Message Containing Sensitive Information' vulnerability has been fixed. The stack trace has been removed from all the product error messages (CWE-209).
The 'URL Redirection to Untrusted Site' ('Open Redirect') vulnerability has been fixed (CWE-601).
Sensitive Cookie in HTTPS Session Without 'Secure' Attribute vulnerability has been fixed. Secure flag has been set with all sensitive cookies (CWE-614).
Improper neutralization of HTTP Headers for Scripting Syntax vulnerability has been fixed. Secure Headers have been added to all the http responses following the OWASP directives (CWE-644).
The 'Improper Neutralization of Input During Web Page Generation' ('Cross-site Scripting') vulnerability has been fixed (CWE-79).
Every character from user input is now validated to avoid potential problems.
HelpSystems SmartConsole Messenger module had a handles leak. This has been fixed.
Maintenance for Historical or Archive Events Database could fail if database tables were deleted manually without restarting "HelpSystems - Database Maintenance" windows service. Tables are now recreated before the Maintenance for Events Database is run.
Multiple OpenSSL vulnerabilities have been fixed in this release.
Renaming a Tenant to a previously existing name generates an error: "Tenant name already exists". This has been fixed.
The poor performance in Device elements of types: "Generic Website Adapter (Boolean check)" and "Generic SNMP (Boolean check)" if "String to Find in result" attribute was set to something between double quotes has been fixed.
ThinkServer module could have a large consumption of memory if the monitors generated messages of large size which would eventually lead to a ThinkServer module crash. This has been fixed.
Users or Groups with blank spaces in their name were not supported. Some features, for example, Security User Permissions, did not work properly. This has been fixed.
May 11, 2020
- A new RabbitMQ 'out-of-the-box' template has been made available.
- New external links can now be added to any asset for easier access to the external tools related to it, such as Documentation, 3rd party monitoring, Support chat, and so on.
- Planned downtime for maintenance can now be scheduled from the Vityl IT and Business Monitoring home page for a single or multiple assets. Alerts are not triggered when an asset is temporarily removed from the network.
- Configuration of 'per event' alerts has been made easier to ensure that messages that are waiting for a reply are not missed.
- A new Journal Receiver size control on IBM i has been made available.
- A new Generic folder check to ensure that there are new Files in a folder has been added for all asset types.
- Usability improvements have been made to the default alerts notification.
- If SmartConsole goes down due to any unexpected error, Vityl IT and Business Monitoring continues working during the recovery process, although the following features will not be available until the recovery process is finished: Availability Manager, Reset issue, Reply message from issue, and edit notifications.
- Proxy Support has been added to Dynatrace Integration.
- A search facility has been added to make it easier to create a new, unique Business Instance.
- Installation process improvements have been made to improve reliability and resilience.
- New validation routines have been added during the upgrade process to ensure that the product security administrator is correctly configured.
- The monitoring configuration database is now optimized, by rebuilding or reorganizing indexes and updating statistics, each day in a nightly batch process.
- A new template has been made available to monitor the status of the Zatec application.
- Performance has been improved when collecting "Powertech Database Monitor for IBM i" events as it is now possible to use numeric date and time table columns without special castings on the "Incremental field".
- Calendars are no longer refreshed if no modifications have been made.
- Availability Manager reports now have the database configured by default to ensure that they are working 'out-of-the-box'.
- Email notifications now use HTML format to make them easier to understand on the initial reading.
- It was not possible to delete an asset element from Vityl IT and Business Monitoring, if there were elements with same type, in the same asset with identical end characters in their names, and a dependency existed. For example, you have ports 80, and 8480. If you tried to delete port 80 and port 8480 was in a dependency, the request failed. This issue has been fixed in this release.
- The API requests poll interval has been increased (5 min for availability checks and 10 min for performance checks). A retry function has also been added to improve collection resilience.
- A 'change in health' event no longer causes an invalid health status to be generated if the event is not properly processed in the SmartConsole module.
- Self monitoring assets no longer have false critical errors if the "Select SmartConsole" option is chosen to monitor an 'Application or Connectivity Group' for a self monitoring application.
- The automatic alias for the new discovery of filesystems of AIX, Solaris, HMC and Linux datasources has been changed.
- The timeout for Dynatrace API webservice checks has been modified to 30 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
- A fix has been applied so that internal synchronization errors of "Cannot create a link" are no longer generated.
- Performance metrics database queries have been improved with the addition of a new index.
- If SmartConsole stops due to an unexpected error, the recovery procedure is now a lot faster than previously, thus reducing the outage time.
- Poor performance in Device elements of types: "Generic Website Adapter (Boolean check)" and "Generic SNMP (Boolean check)" has been corrected in this release.
- A fix has been applied to prevent high memory usage on the Events Control Service when a lot of different values exist on the ColumnCacheCapacity.
- Performance issues with 3rd party integration via database generating too many events has been resolved in this release.
- The product can now recover when PMDB encounters "The transaction log for database ... is full due to" and "The server failed to resume the transaction" monitoring errors.
- The daily self-cleaning of metrics data now includes the "Shrinking Transaction Log" step for SQL server database.
- The Memory usage of the Events Manager T4MonManagerService.exe process has been reduced in this release.
- The PMDB service accessed from Event Manager and/or Vityl IT and Business Monitoring now recovers from a Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server restart error.
- SmartConsole Messenger service now recovers from a broken Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server restart error.
- T4MonManagerService.exe process memory was too high when viewing the list of assets in Event Manager. This has been fixed in this release.
- A fix has been applied so that Activity calendars are now discovered by ThinkServer following an update.
- A fix has been applied so that the 'Vityl IT and Business Monitoring-License Days to expire' self-monitoring monitor gives the correct value.
- An error that occurred when deleting Affectations while running SmartConsole maintenance has been fixed in this release.
- Generic Website Check monitors now work as expected if the URL contains a hash "#" character.
- When more than one monitor queries the same table, Database Reader Monitors no longer return an error when updating the database cache.
- In order to reduce the maintenance process time for events data, improvements to queries have been made.
- A memory leak in Universal Transaction Agent monitors has been fixed in this release.
- Scheduled reports could fail with error "Invalid AccessServer session". This has been fixed in this release.
- The correct message for Generic Database Query elements reporting a correctly executed query is now displayed.
- The default domain is now correctly saved and displayed on the login screen.
- Monitors can now be stopped as expected if they become stuck during a complex operation.
- Any modification made to previously existing SmartConsole and IBM i maintenance is now saved as expected.
- When viewing the Analysis tab for assets having lots of elements, the response time has been improved.
- Editing attributes from elements in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring could result in a long waiting time for attribute "Role" and other attributes to display a fixed list of possible values. This has been fixed in this release.
- Applying user configuration changes to a visualization of an Online Business Services is now completed in an acceptable time frame.
- Creating elements using option "Apply to all assets" with several devices or applications selected now creates monitors as expected.
- The Internal error "database disk image is malformed" that could occur in both "ThinkServer" and "Events Control Service" has been fixed in this release.
- Windows Process monitor no longer displays an incorrect status when the process identifier is reused by another process. This can happen when the monitored Windows computer is restarted. Additionally, Network Ping monitors now change their status from Unknown, as expected, when the product starts.
- If an auto-expansible tablespace of an Oracle database is bigger than the maximum space allowed, monitors no longer retrieve negative free space values.
- If SmartConsole has connections to both an IBM i and PC systems, events from Agent Code AUD are now received once SmartConsole is restarted.
- A fix has been applied so that the Vityl IT Infrastructure Devices grid no longer has a poor response time.
- Integrated PRTG controls are now removed from Vityl IT and Business Monitoring if they are removed from PRTG.
- It is no longer possible to delete a business instance of a Business Service that is a "service dependency" of another service business instance.
- When creating a Tenant, the default configuration was not created until the next restart of the Orchestrator service. This has been fixed in this release.
- A new setting in config file PMDBConfig,cfg has been made available so that performance issues when storing Vityl IT and Business Monitoring metrics in file T04MessageDatabase can be remedied.
- Following installation, Security Control events of a particular tenant could be created with events that were actually from other tenants. This has been fixed in this release.
- Autodiscovery was failing if it was unable to retrieve the model of a specific device. This has been fixed in this release.
- Availability Manager now correctly displays the issues from the Last 60 minute period.
- Software Errors and Execution result controls in Business Processes didn't work when there was no match for SoftwareErrorMessage or executionResultMessage. If these tags were not defined or were not matched then the control was not executed. This has been fixed in this release.
- .NET connections are now being forced to TLS 1.2 in order to avoid security issues.
- Processing a large number of events in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring is now run in the correct order within SmartConsole Business View so that the correct asset health status is displayed.
- User Directory Service (also called YellowPages) had a deadlock, which produced a memory steady rise and eventually the process could crash. This has been fixed in this release.
- The "Out of Memory" error in Windows service "SmartConsole Publisher" has been fixed in this release.
- A fix has been applied so that File Reader monitors are now able to find the remote shell on specific hosts.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring did not display Cluster assets with the correct icon when out of activity calendar time. This has been fixed in this release.
- SmartConsole Publisher service resilience has been improved in this release.
- The default IT Operators' views have been added to allow you to jump to tickets you work on everyday instead of having to apply filters each time. You can create custom views to keep track of pending tickets, tickets assigned to each Operator and so on.
- A new control has been added to self-monitoring to control the expiration date of the licenses.
- A Minimum Threshold for Consumer Count (Topic and Queues) has been added to Active MQ Consumer Count.
- Express Setup is now available for a clean product installation. It includes an embedded version of SQL Server Express and the default configuration is now plug and play.
- Online Business Services metrics analysis tables (for Real User Experience data) now show values for Last 60 Minutes columns, when the environment has a time zone using Daylight Saving Time.
- The "Filtered SNMP Datasource" has had a fix applied so that events are now raised, regardless of the health status of the monitor.
- A fix has been applied so that the loading of SmartCards in the Compact View of Vityl IT and Business Monitoring home page no longer uses an infinite scroller.
- Using PRTG Assets auto-discovery no longer impacts performance when integrating the health status.
- A fix has been applied so that changing the calendar name in OBS Monitors no longer causes an error.
- The subsystem name of IBMi systems now appears correctly in the monitors.
- Deleting a monitoring node on Vityl could leave it in an inconsistent state. In some cases, after deleting a Monitoring Node, the Orchestrator Service didn't restart anymore. This has been fixed.
- A fix has been applied so that the Vityl IT Infrastructure Applications grid no longer has a poor response time.
- It is no longer possible to clone Self monitoring Devices or Applications. Security Controls and Categories can still be cloned however.
- nicecfg.exe path has been added to the system path so SmartConsole alarms can now execute the AS400 alarm preview.
- Reports are now scheduled correctly, regardless of the browser and server timezone.
- An error is no longer generated when monitoring PRTG with the UserPassHash.
- Issues of an asset using an out of activity calendar are now just issues of this asset rather than any other asset having this asset as a dependency.
- Saving General Settings no longer causes an error.
- The Windows process WMIPrvSE.exe, used to retrieve WMI information from the local Windows system, was consuming a high volume of CPU. The number of handles used in our processes has been reduced.
- If the latest activated asset (using "Start monitoring") or changed (using "Edit Attributes") is a self-monitoring asset, errors are no longer generated.
- A fix has been applied so that assets can no longer have an unknown or undefined status.
- A fix has been applied so that asset SmartCards no longer show an incorrect health or activity status.
- A fix has been applied so that Linux servers are now discovered automatically.
- A new 'out-of-the-box' template has been made available for PRTG status integration.
- When entering Powertech Event Manager or Vityl IT and Business Monitoring with a domain/IP address different than the one configured for HelpSystems.Service, it is now redirected to use the domain/IP address configured for the service in order to avoid cross domain problems.
- 'Out-of-the-box' controls have been made available for: Apache, Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft Dynamics, FTP Server, Http Server, IIS, Websphere MQ, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Terminal Services, My SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sharepoint, SQL Server and Tomcat.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring helps you detect the performance metrics and KPIs that will soon be reaching their threshold.
- A new real-time status report in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring ensures that everything is working as expected and environment is ready prior to starting the new business day. The report can be scheduled to run at the same time every day or executed on demand.
- An 'out-of-the-box' monitoring template for Microsoft Active directory has been made available. Once this version is installed, Vityl IT and Business monitoring automatically starts collecting Availability and Performance information an every monitored parameter is mapped with industry best-practiced thresholds by default.
- A new Vityl IT and Business Monitoring licensing model has been introduced, based on Configuration Item Points (CIs).
- Compact view has been enabled in components of Standalone Application or Business Application.
- Memory usage has been reduced when processing a large number of Devices or Entities in Vityl and IT Business Monitoring.
- A link has been added into the landing page to connect to the HelpSystems solutions page displaying the full company portfolio. This informs the user of common issues that any HelpSystems products could potentially solve.
- The look and feel of the installation software has been updated to use the new HelpSystems branding.
- From this release onward, assets outside the activity calendar do not impact their parent assets. If a server is in Maintenance status, the applications running on it will not be affected if it is down.
- Defining an empty community in a trap credential now has the same properties as an entry of "*", which means 'any community'. In previous versions a credential with an empty community didn't match any trap.
- Clicking on charts in the analysis page filter now displays the table details for issues.
- Dependent assets that are outside of the activity calendar are now tagged and their status is visible.
- A new boolean attribute of "Interactive" has been made available in device elements of type CommandExecution*. This enables Command Execution controls to be run in interactive mode within Vityl IT and Business Monitoring.
- The installation process has been improved allowing the unattended installation using the default recommended settings.
- New controls have been made available to ensure the integrity of the "HelpSystems - SmartConsole Publisher's" service cache.
- Problems with Alev, that made reports containing Alev restrictions break, have been fixed in this release.
- A fix has been applied so that the Smart Topology of an asset is now updated after adding dependencies from IT Infrastructure configuration using the Edit Dependencies option.
- A fix has been applied so that after using Assets filter in the Vityl IT and Business Monitoring Analysis Tab for a Business Application, the scroll bar no longer remains visible on the charts.
- A fix has been applied in order that requesting Vityl IT and Business Monitoring Issue Analysis during an available period no longer causes an error.
- A fix has been implemented so that the IT and Business Monitoring IT infrastructure configuration for Devices and Applications no longer have poor response times.
- A fix has been applied so that accessing the 'Configure your IT Infrastructure' page when Access Server is not available no longer locks the system.
- A fix has been applied so that there is no character limitation in grid cells to prevent a null value being displayed.
- The message text in the full message pop up of Smart Console Web Client is now shown with line breaks.
- The 'Show Attributes' option in Orchestrator has been updated to show all possible attributes of the device, taking account the type, family and model.
- A fix has been applied in order that Business Views with filters for 'Any System' type now appear in database events (table SCMSG_EVENTS).
- A fix has been applied in the Vityl assets page so that the both the type and asset description are now shown. Additionally, the description is now also shown when the asset is in good health, where it had previously been missing.
- A memory leak in PMDB has been fixed in this release, where a mutex object was created when performing an aggregation but was subsequently never deleted.
- Active MQ template now supports an HTTPS connection.
- A fix has been applied to prevent Orchestrator ending unexpectedly after a communication error with Database Server.
- A fix has been applied in order that whenever the SQL Server database server is configured with a port different from the default setting, the created database server asset of self monitoring in Orchestrator now has the correct IP address.
- A fix has been applied so that search values are no longer lost when navigating from the Vityl home page to the component detailed view and then using the back button to return to the Vityl home page.
- The self-monitoring dependency for the "NLKChild.exe" process for Monitoring Node has been deleted because this process doesn't need to be executed. The change is only applied to new monitoring nodes.
- A fix has been applied so that importing a Device from a CSV file using the "Overwrite if exists" option no longer causes an "asset does not exist" error.
- A fix has been applied to Reportng module so that the page break checkbox now works as expected.
- A fix has been applied so that refreshing the Orchestrator Web grid now reorders the columns correctly.
- A fix has been applied so that multiple connection errors with database server no longer cause the application to stop working.
- A fix has been applied in order that SLA monitors now work as expected.
- A fix has been applied so that the HelpSystems - Orchestrator service now recovers from the temporary unavailability of SQL Server.
- A fix has been applied so that Orchestrator Web no longer errors when retrieving messages from monitors in ThinkServer that contain invalid characters.
- A fix has been applied to Online Business Services monitors so they no longer report monitoring errors when some attributes such as Metric name, Service name, Consumer name and such like, do not have existing values.
- Some IBMi Health monitors now show more information about Database/Non Database Pages Rate for different pools.
- A fix has been applied to Linux devices with processes as elements in order that they are detected and show the correct number of instances.
- A fix has been applied so that the Generic Query control now supports the use of parenthesis on UNION queries.
- A fix has been applied so that medium or large sized asset cards are correctly displayed in the Vityl IT and Business Monitoring visualization home page.
- A fix has been applied in order that visualizing a Batch Business Process in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring now displays stage or tasks information within an acceptable time frame.
- A fix has been applied so that Clusters that have all their nodes in monitoring error will be shown as 'Monitoring Error' rather than 'Critical' health status.
- A fix has been applied so that monitors for 'Linux Physical Memory', no longer display the error message "invalid literal for float".
- A fix has been applied so that the l2launcher executing SNMP Trap monitors no longer fails after receiving an SNMP trap.
- In Vityl IT and Business Monitoring and Powertech Event Manager, default ordering is no longer case-sensitive.
- A fix has been applied so that If the user makes a change to the Address book from SmartConsole Web Client and a contact contains a backslash in its name, the Address Book no longer gets corrupted.
- The Vityl and IT Business Monitoring home page now correctly updates the tiles when the license expires.
- A fix has been applied so that the Reporting module now alerts when the scheduled tasks fail.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring version 6.2 could delete previously existing IT infrastructure elements, if you canceled some other elements creation. This has been fixed in this release.
- The Oracle tablespace size datasource has been modified to use the assigned space as the total size instead of the currently allocated space in instances where autoextend is configured. Otherwise, the current behavior is maintained.
- A fix has been applied so that clicking in health summary now displays the solved issues.
- Monitors that are saving performance data for Dashboards, no longer hang randomly when the connection with the database server is lost.
- An attribute; DataSourceRetryEnabled has been added as required to various elements in order to prevent the self-monitoring errors that occurred within: "PMDB Queue Length".
- The IBMi Subsystem CPU metric should is no longer stored or displayed.
- A fix has been applied so that iSeries Monitors no longer hang when executed without credential.
- A fix has been applied in order that Vityl IT and Business Monitoring CPU Usage charts of subsystem elements for iSeries/IBMi systems now show the correct data.
- A fix has been applied so that retention policies within Powertech Event Manager and Vityl IT and Business Monitoring no longer fail with errors: 'The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_AggrValue_AggrValueDef" in PMDB module logs.
- A fix has been applied so that Smart Topology is now correctly displayed within a reasonable time-period when Business Services are included in the Topology view.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring no longer stops calculating charts data, if the PMDB module communication with the database gets lots of "Communication link failure" errors.
- Database Queries when SmartConsole starts are now protected and shutdown the SmartConsole should they occur.
- Charts showing the last 60 minutes data in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring have had a fix applied so that they correctly display data and no longer report an unexpected error if using outdated SQL Server versions such as 2008.
- A fix has been applied so that in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring, some devices (such as EndPoint, Printer, Telephony and UPS) no longer display an empty metric chart for Network Response Time.
- A new 'out-of-the-box' template to monitor Apache Tomcat is available in this release.
- Improvements have been made to allow better understanding of your SLA and provide easier differentiation between issues related to your Online Business Service and those related to your Infrastructure.
- Using Smart Topology, it is now possible to see all of the dependencies of a single asset and understand the impact of this asset or how it is being impacted.
- It is now possible to self-monitor dozens of metrics in the application itself, covering CPU, Memory, processes running, disk capacity and performance and much more.
- IBMi Job activity control now stores the number of jobs and a new metric has been added to display this information.
- Error messages in ThinkServer Configurator are now shown in the same color as the Monitoring Error icons, instead of using the Critical color. Debug and trace messages from monitors that were sent as "Unknown" are now shown as "Report". Report messages in Orchestrator are no longer shown as "Success" messages.
- Rule queries for Online Business Services in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring have been optimized to reduce the amount of CPU required for processing.
- The "Send Summary - send the summary status mail when the activity is resumed" feature can now be used for any asset type.
- Reports module is now running in 64-bit mode and supports reports with more than 100,000 pages.
- A new product home page has been created with the brand new HelpSystems design and a link to Powertech Security Auditor to increase Powertech Suite product integration.
- The Maintenance process for SmartConsole and PMDB now includes some improvements for Indexes and Database performance.
- A fix has been applied to allow the successful conversion from varchar to datetime on the Issues Analysis display when the datetime format of system on which Vityl IT and Business Monitoring is installed, is different from yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss,
- A fix has been applied so that when enabling/disabling the Security monitoring in some assets and then enabling/disabling a Business Process, the action is no longer audited twice.
- A fix has been applied so that Database server downtime is now supported and data is calculated and updated as expected.
- Product audit events are no longer saved in the database with wrong TimeGenerated values. Furthermore, the "HelpSystems" value has been added as a valid Platform value in the Web client. This provides the ability to be able to create categorization rules for these type of audit events.
- A fix has been applied to Vityl IT and Business Monitoring Issues Analysis to resolve the "Error retrieving information from database. The query was too complex or timed out. Try not selecting an activity calendar or select a smaller interval." error message.
- Activating/deactivating multiple Business Processes now works as expected.
- A fix has been applied in order that Business Applications charts now show data for the last interval.
- A fix has been applied so that a change of time due to DST (Daylight Saving Time), now longer stops the calculation of metric information from Vityl IT and Business Monitoring.
- The Number of errors rule has been modified to assign the health when it is detected that any threshold has been exceeded.
- A fix has been applied to ensure that the correct user name is displayed in the Product Audit.
- A fix has been applied so that Issue Analysis in Vityl IT and Business Monitoring can now handle the use of Activity Calendars and a time range greater or equal to a few days, without error.
- A fix has been applied so that when the monitors fail, the error message is more specific. Furthermore the code has been improved to retry the call in case of error in order to report less recoverable errors.
- When refreshing multiple monitors at the same time in ThinkServer that shared the same datasource, the process now runs as expected.
- A fix has been applied so that OBS Activity Limit rules no longer assign a SUCCESS heath before the full interval checking interval has been completed.
- File ns.ini, needed to use the translation table in Nicelink, was installed in the wrong directory. This has been resolved.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring has had a fix applied to allow the importing of two or more load balancer cluster devices in order that their health status information is correctly displayed.
- A Web error that appeared when entering an asset that had elements created with a specific template, but the template was then later removed, has been resolved.
- Manually creating a Business View Link from SmartConsole to Business Views, normally created automatically by Vityl IT and Business Monitoring, now results in future monitor changes being applied as expected to the asset to which the Business Views belong.
- A timeout has been added to frequently called database tasks to avoid potential product locks.
- A fix has been applied so that the Windows HelpSystems - PMDB service no longer crashes if the database server was down for a period of time.
- A fix has been applied in this version to ensure that from a clean install, all Indexes are installed correctly.
- A fix has been applied so that thinagents (retrieving Windows Services/Process information) now change their status to "Monitoring Error" when the WMI connection cannot be established.
- A fix has been applied so that the person responsible for Online Business Services, Internal Online Services, External Services, Business Consumers and Delivery Channels are now displayed within the Vityl IT and Business Monitoring visualization.
- The issue that arose when there were two RUE metrics for the same Channel, Consumer and Function simultaneously, resulting in the wrong error message being displayed, has been resolved.
- Cisco Meraki monitors now correctly calculate the bandwidth usage.
- Changes to improve SLA reports by 10 times better
- A fix has been applied to ensure the correct error message is displayed whenever a connection to an external WMware machine fails.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring for Online Business Services Percentile charts or tables now always show the Response time percentile information, when no transactions exist.
- Some updates caused l2ProcessConfig file to become invalid. This has been retroactively corrected.
- The link from email alerts was not working well. it has been resolved.
- A fix has been applied so the the correct critical message for Heap Memory JBOSS monitors is displayed.
- A fix has been applied to prevent the "Credential Abuse" message (a session token being used more than once) being returned once AccessServer has been running uninterrupted for a period of 24 days.
- A fix has been applied to prevent IMAP monitors displaying a timeout error.
- With this release, the product now creates an entry in the log if the Report configuration backup has been executed.
- A fix has been applied to resolve an issue in the event maintenance process where SQL Server ODBC Driver 13 caused DB connection problems.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring now starts when the jmx port 5555 is in use by other application.
- A fix has been applied so that when using Internet Explorer with a 1366*768 screen resolution, so that the 2x2 chart matrix is preserved on the Issues Analysis page.
- A fix has been applied to prevent Vityl IT and Business Monitoring starting in an inconsistent state should the database become temporarily unavailable when Orchestrator is starting.
- A Continuous Improvement view for all assets has been added that allows users to check the most frequent problems detected on the Processes, Services and IT infrastructure assets and take decisions to improve behavior in the future.
- A new feature has been added on the Vityl IT and Business Monitoring home page to help IT Operators understand the current open issues so they can prioritize their work.
- A new feature has been added to improve the CSI analysis capabilities for a single issue. From now on, it's possible to see the issue history, affectations, message log and manually reset the severity level from a single point.
- A new attribute has been added to allow users to specify an HTTP User Agent other than the default user agent on Generic Website elements of an asset.
- The Real User Experience metrics "Transactions (within Critical/Warning thresholds)" have been renamed to "Satisfied/Tolerating users" to comply with the market naming standards for measuring performance of software applications in computing.
- A low water-mark has been added to the ThinkServer queue of messages to be sent to PMDB, improving flow control when a large number of metrics is being written.
- An enhancement has been made to provide the option to choose the control sub state (Availability, Performance, Errors) for WebSphere MQ Queue.
- The Executive view Failures evolution chart has been updated to a bar chart display to show the information in a more user-friendly format.
- A mask has been added to the Response Time metric in the OBS Charts and OBS Response Time Table to make the display of long response times more user friendly.
- The Generic WebService and Custom command boolean checks that can be performed on IT infrastructure assets now allow the reverse logic to be applied. Critical status is recorded if the compared result is matched.
- ThinkServer EventLog agent now allows the user to monitor the LocalHost computer using the new Windows Events API.
- Vityl IT and Business Monitoring Online Business Services charts now display real-time data for current time intervals (for example Today, This Month, This Year).
- Legends are now displayed on overview charts.
- Native driver support has been added for Oracle Stored procedures.
- A new attribute has been added (Ignore Folders) to ignore the folders in the check and to take only the files into account. The affected controls are: Generic Folder Check (Old Files in Folder) and Generic Folder Check (Size of Files in Folder).
- A listening IP can now be added to the Publisher.cfg and Messenger.cfg files. This provides the ability for the WebSevices such as SmartConsole Messenger and User Directory Service to listen to just one network interface, overcoming possible issues that may arise when the computer is located on a public network.
- Website availability monitors are now able to resolve non-fully qualified machine names within their own network.
- Fixed an issue that caused OBS rule monitors to fail to recover from Monitoring Error status, if SharedObjects was not available when ThinkServer was started.
- A fix has been applied so that a re-run of the Summarized Controlled Events report now works as expected if a previous run was cancelled and the filters modified.
- A fix has been applied to resolve an issue with the asset search from within Orchestrator Web that caused a filter error.
- A fix has been applied so that only suitable devices are displayed when configuring dependencies for stand alone applications.
- A fix has been applied to prevent an access violation error when trying to access an invalid pointer in the ThinkServer Configurator.
- A fix has been applied to ThinkServer so that importing a file that contains monitors with IDs that already exist, no longer causes the monitor to be deleted.
- There was an error on Websphere MQ monitors that prevented them from functioning correctly. This issue has been resolved.
- A fix has been applied so that new events stored by the Event Control Service in disk (in the \transient directory) are now automatically sent to the database without the need to restart Inspector.
- A fix has been applied so that the Orchestrator service now recovers from the temporary unavailability of SQL Server.
- A bug that caused memory leaks when security controls configuration was reloaded has been fixed in this release.
- A fix has been applied so that data collected from a Database (for example from a ThinkServer monitor created for Online Business Services) is now stored in the metrics database (PDMB) with the correct datetime. Charts subsequently now show data with the correct time.
- Sometimes, the L2Launcher process executing WebAgent monitors stopped working due to the monitored URL containing "%" characters. A fix has been applied to prevent this.
- Fixed an issue that caused OBS rule monitors not to be set to 'unknown health' if ThinkServer was restarted outside of the activity calendar.
- Reports based on Monitor Health Timeline showed empty charts when there was no data available. A fix has been applied so that empty charts are no longer displayed.
- A fix has been applied so that the report from availability manager now displays the correct business instances of the service.
- The event filter names were not translated into English in the pre-installed Security controls selection rules. This issue has now been resolved.
- A fix has been applied so that when a macro is selected twice, the Dynamic Range scale now changes accordingly.
- The correct Availability Manager component name is now displayed in the report header.
- When cloning assets, any element that was monitored was appearing as not monitored. A fix has been applied so the correct monitored status is now displayed.
- A fix has been applied to prevent the failure of maintenance configuration when using Run then Save.
- There was an error in the way regular expressions were parsed that made some AIX monitors stop working. This issue has been resolved.
- A fix has been applied so that the Library and Library List elements now store the Library Size metric so it can be analyzed from the analysis page.
- Thresholds were not appearing on charts when the period selected was one day or less. This issue has been resolved.
- The regular expression for "Physical memory usage" and "Swap memory usage" monitors of IBM HMC devices has been updated to work with the latest versions.
- An issue that caused the Publisher to consume unnecessary connection resources when either the SmartConsole or the Publisher were not responding has been fixed.
- Sometimes it was not possible to edit Business Applications created with custom types. This issue has been resolved and these assets can now be modified.
- A fix has been applied so that selecting 'No Credential ' on a monitor now allows the selection to be saved and displayed correctly.
- A fix has been applied so that the Commander tool no longer fails if a monitor in the remote ThinkServer is in error status.
- A fix has been applied to resolve an issue that caused calendar intervals to be calculated incorrectly if they were requested over an interval containing multiple days.
- New actions have been added to the pre-supplied Oracle Database Management System security template to audit tables for Creation, (Update and Delete), System modifications, Role additions and User statements (Update, Insert, Delete).
- A new interface to configure the user and object categorization rules used for event enrichment has been added.
- It is now possible to specify application roles to different users.
- Integration of monitoring metrics (CPU, Memory, Processes and Disks) collected through Dynatrace is included in this release.
- The ability to monitor Visual Message Center Security Agent events is included in this release of Powertech Event Manager.
- Powertech Authority Broker events can be monitored in this release of Powertech Event Manager.
- The ability to restrict the visualization permissions to several assets per user has been added.
- QAUDJRN events Integration with PowerTech Interact requires configuration on the IBM i on which Interact is installed. Syslog must be configured to send events to Powertech Event Manager ThinkServer Module using TCP. QAUDJRN should be configured with DLTRCV(*NO). Users should also manage scheduled backup/deletion of old receivers to avoid excessive disk usage. Run command: PTINTERACT/PLICHGAPP APPENDER(*CRLF) and restart the interact monitors.
- Security events collection problems from the web interface can now be diagnosed, as full visibility of any issues is now provided.
- A new licensing model has been added and a new screen is available where the user can check the current license status and request new keys.
- 'Out-of-the-box' Security controls have been added to help companies with specific regulations compliance.
- The option to export all the chart data as a csv file has been added to the zoom functionality.
- The ability to monitor Cisco PIX/ASA events is included in this release of Powertech Event Manager.
- Bulk security event management (such as comment, close, etc.) is available in this release.
- Powertech Network Security events can be monitored in this release of Powertech Event Manager.
- Product navigation has been improved to provide a friendlier user experience and better screen space usage.
- A fix has been applied so that ThinkServer no longer has memory issues on starting when a lot of monitors exist.
- It is now possible to view the process, channel, stage and task description from the Business Processes visualization page.
- A new landing page has been created for Vityl IT and Business Monitoring configuration.
- The No Activity Rule in Online Business Services has been changed to maintain the coherence with the configuration and the event messages.
- Installation process improvements have been made that reduce the number of manual steps during the application setup. It includes automatic creation and configuration of the databases and DSN.
- The SSL library used by the WebAgent has been updated to support the newest SSL protocols and ciphers.
- The copy and pasting of different business processes elements (process, channel, stage, task and datasource) is now available.
- Support for SQL Server 2000 is included in the new security collection agents.
- The time required to update a credential has been reduced.
- Asset types can now be modified from the user interface.
- Support has been added for TLSv1.2 in the WAS Operations template and Java updated to version 8.0.
- A fix has been applied so that stopping a monitor in Alignia no longer causes a 'Datasource could not be loaded' message to be displayed on the ThinkServer Configurator. The monitor is stopped as expected.
- When exporting Hosts/Applications/Processes/OBS to XML, any calendars used by those entities and their dependencies are also exported to the XML, and are later imported together with the other entities.
- Assets are now imported with the correct name, even if they have a UUID conflict with another asset in a different Tenant.
- The syncronization of assets, no longer blocks importing processes.
- OBS Availability report performance has been improved.
- A fix has been applied so that having a badly configured cluster element as a dependency no longer causes a synchronization failure.
- The issue that would sometimes cause import processes to fail when importing the same asset into several tenants has been resolved.
- A fix has been applied to the EventLog L2Launcher so that it no longer crashes if invalid event data is recovered.
- A fix has been applied to allow the insertion of events with a Complete Message longer than 100.000 characters.
- Following an upgrade, monitoring of both Vityl IT and Business Monitoring and PowerTech Events Manager assets now works as expected.
- A fix has been applied so that when an Online Business Service has a High Activity Calendar defined, without a normal calendar existing, the High Activity settings are no longer ignored.
- A fix has been applied so that when the Raw event information is written to the Historical database, and then to the Archive database, the Controlled event information is also written to both databases.
- A fix has been implemented so that L2Launchers are no longer duplicated in scenarios caused by high CPU usage.
- A fix has been applied so that using the "Zoom" option in an Online Business Services chart with thresholds displayed and an interval with "Activity Calendar" selected, no longer causes Orchestrator to crash.
- Taxonomic fields have been added into the Custom Event List - Summarized template so that the user may select or filter by them.
- Reports inside macros are now rendered correctly.
- A new option "Delete all elements of these type" has been made available to allow the deletion of all Database, WebModules or DataSources, except those ones being used as dependencies.
- The method by which the repeated name validation of the security controls is undertaken, has been modified in order to improve performance when saving the control.
- A fix has been applied so that prefixes and postfixes now work in the filters of Advance Database Reader monitors.
- The issue that caused "Log Reader - Error Pattern" monitors not to recover from monitoring errors caused by an unsuccessful recollection, has been fixed.
- The custom subactions are shown correctly in the reports.
- The number of retries for Folder Availability Check has been changed to 3. This change has been made to avoid false positives due to micro network outages.
- Upgrading from Alignia version 3.x to this release of Powertech Event Manager is permitted.
- The actions related with table management in SQL Server now propagate the variable "Object Name" with the correct information.
- The Category and Subcategory columns in both Forensic Analysis and Events Manager are now correctly filtered.
- An error when pressing "Run..." in a report based on the Custom Event List (Wide Layout) template has been resolved.
- A new flag has been included in the DSBA configuration so that the user can now edit retention policies directly within SharedObjects instead of the DBSA panel.
- Website availability monitors are now allowed to resolve the current machine name towards the localhost IP.
- The character (’) is not allowed in the subaction regular expression filter from within the custom datasources.
- A fix has been applied to resolve the HelpSystems PMDB windows service memory leak that occurred when requesting metrics charts information to be displayed.
- A fix has been implemented to prevent errors in IBMi Job monitors being repeated on each execution of the monitor.
- Several fixes have been applied to the process of importing an existing device into another Tenant.
- Monitors that are stopped or which have had their configuration updated, now correctly notify the SmartConsole and ThinkServer Configurator.
- All the devices and assets of a tenant are now deleted when the delete option is taken.
- ThinkServer: Linux and Solaris Security Monitors now work with PKI credentials.
- The ThinkServer memory leak that occurred when writing data to the PMDB Service has been fixed.