Showcase 9 Server
Version 22.214.171.124 Server Install
- IBM i 7.4 support added.
This server version is compatible with the Showcase client version 126.96.36.199.
Version 188.8.131.52 Server Install
Security enhancement: Install process modified to prevent creating any objects in library QSYS.
- JDE user getting error on one UDC field, Column or global variable not found. JDE custom table with a field name 10 characters in length. Associated UDC field name was longer than 10 characters.
- ShowCase 9 SCPERM command displays wrong LPAR info when LPAR number is greater than 255, error when entering license code that the license is invalid.
- JDE E1 9.2 column security not enforced for UDC fields. This problem has been resolved so that when users are excluded from a JDE field, then any related UDC fields are also excluded.
- ShowCase 9 client error - '*N' when trying to connect using Hebrew language CCSID (424), no error if user has a CCSID of 37. Problem introduced in OS V7R3. This was corrected so that behavior consistent across all OS releases. Server must be installed with CCSID pair 01252/00037.
This server version is compatible with the Showcase client version 184.108.40.206.
Version 220.127.116.11 Server Patch
- Unable to access data on an iASP with a 10-character name, error ‘Relational database PRIMARY00 not in relational database directory’. Showcase was only seeing the first 9 characters of the name.
- When trying to run in batch mode using 18.104.22.168, the query fails with an error ‘Array index out of range 16’ or ‘Array index out of range 10’ for some batch queries.
- There is a new configuration option where the Showcase 9 server can be setup to reject requests from down level Client version. This is a new feature in the 22.214.171.124 server build and 126.96.36.199 client build. An entry can be added to the configuration file, showcase.cfg, on the server, that would only accept connections from Showcase 188.8.131.52 or higher Client versions.
Version 184.108.40.206 Server Patch
- Improved logging messages for debugging problems with JD Edwards connections.
- During some V7R2 uninstalls, installs over the top of an existing server, or removing/reconfiguring TCP/IP support for a Showcase server RMVSCTCP could fail with ‘Value $$$ for USRSPC not a name or generic name’.
- Some BATCHQUERY job schedule entries stay in WRKJOBSCDE after the query runs.
- Fixed issue where random and intermittent batch queries produce java dumps once per day.
- Fixed JDE E1 row security error: “Token 35104872 was not valid” when row security applied to a numeric field and one of the values is *BLANKS
- Support for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2.x.x has been added through the SETJDEOWA. Additional support for Tools Release 220.127.116.11 and higher has been added with a command, SETJDESEC, and control for Java settings. See the Administrators Guide for more details.
Version 18.104.22.168 Server Install
- IBM i (OS/400, i5/OS) V7R3 support added.
This server version is compatible with the Showcase client version 22.214.171.124.
Version 126.96.36.199 Server Patch
- The command RSTSRVRINF now deletes temporary files after the command is run.
- Corrected an issue where the Java home path was being set incorrectly.
The following patch updates are also included:
188.8.131.52 Server Patch (February 27, 2016)
- UDC fields with names longer than 10 characters were giving error ‘column not specified in file’.
184.108.40.206 Server Patch (January 6, 2016)
- Showcase server versions 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168 generated extra one page spooled files when running a batch query. These files will no longer be generated.
22.214.171.124 Server Patch (November 19, 2014)
Fixed in Query where a user profile is disabled after 2 failed attempts, but System value QMAXSIGN on the IBM i allows 3 attempts.
Fixed in Warehouse Builder where Sets fail when column of data type ‘datetimeoffset’ or ‘nchar’ are used from an SQLServer data source.
Version 126.96.36.199 Server Install
- After upgrading to Showcase 9.1, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne users are unable to add a JDE table to a new query. An error displays similar to: “Collection.Table < *LIBL.F0101 > is not found in data source <HS18>”. The table displays in the drop-down list, but can’t be added to the query. This problem only affects JDE EnterpriseOne environments using CCSID 65535.
- Upgrading Server to 9.1 or 9.2 over the top of an earlier version causes Warehouse Builder files to duplicate records.
This server version is compatible with the Showcase client version 188.8.131.52.
Version 184.108.40.206 Server Patch
- Support for Roles added to JD Edwards World A9.3 (requires 220.127.116.11 Client Patch).
- Sample files updated: SCSAMPLE90/CUSTOMERS and SCDBTRAIN/CUSTMAST have more realistic names. A multi-member file will now be included in the sample data: SCSAMPLE90/MLTIMEM.
- A configurable option was added to allow the customers to select Classic Java for running Builder definitions, the server itself or both. This is set in the showcase.cfg file and requires that the server be restarted in order to take effect.
- On V7R1, some tables do not show a description in Showcase Query when a field using a CCSID 65535 was used.
- F1 Help Text updated for SETJDEOWA command.
- Batch query fails could fail with error ‘Number of arguments for function DATE not valid’ or ‘The batch job failed due to a SQL error. SQL syntax not valid.’ when results are saved to a specific table (it will also run fine when run to temp storage).
- Creating a new Warehouse Builder Definition results in Showcase server being unresponsive & Client hangs when invalid DDM files are in the same library as the Target Table.
Version 18.104.22.168 Server Install
- IBM i (OS/400, i5/OS) V7R2 Support added.
This server version is compatible with the Showcase client version 22.214.171.124.
Version 126.96.36.199 Server Patch
- Support added for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 Tools Release 188.8.131.52.
- In rare instances SCLICINF gives error CPF5026, “Duplicate key not allowed for member SCLLOGF”.
- Under IBM i V5R4, a user is able to manually enter an invalid system name in a new query without error.
- Error RSC9997 ‘Function terminated before completing due to an error.’ when creating Data Source Mapping for SQL Server in Warehouse Manager Client.
The following patch updates are also included:
184.108.40.206 Server Patch (February 11, 2014)
- When users are added to Table Security in Warehouse Manager Client, the original user will disappear. This problem was introduced in 220.127.116.11.
- JDE A9.3 Column Security is not honored for Single Library User.
- JDE OneWorld or EnterpriseOne environments using Showcase with non-iSeries JDE profiles had batch jobs fail with SQL error, ‘Column “ XXXXXX” not in specified tables’.
- The exit point program used by PowerTech Network Security received the wrong IP address when multiple requests were made from multiple pc’s from the same data source.
F5 to refresh added to SCLICINF command.
18.104.22.168 Server Patch (December 17, 2013)
- In Showcase 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, the Edit Join Table Conditions dialog has replaced the symbol for the ‘not equal’ condition (<>) with the string ‘Properties are not available for this control.’ If this is selected it returns ‘The parser encountered a syntax error. No token is available to provide context.’
- COUNT, AVG and MIN functions are not displayed in Distinct Set Function List. Instead of that form, Form Page and OLE Initialization Failed text is displayed respectively.
• Installation from network install of Showcase Client returns error message ‘Open file failed’ when attempting to validate license.
188.8.131.52 Server Patch (November 18, 2013)
Product License Codes (authorization codes) are required to activate all Showcase products.
184.108.40.206 Server Patch (August 19, 2013)
- Error running a query in Deployment Portal: ‘Column x or expression in SELECT list not valid.’ The data dictionary is not being applied to the END clause where it is being applied to the WHEN clause, when the select is being sent to the query optimizer.
- Using a JDEdwards One World profile receive error ‘Collection.table <> not found in data source.’ when selecting a JDEdwards table.
- ‘SQL Syntax is not valid’ when running a batch query, writing to a table when the SQL statements contains single quotes.
Version 9.1 Server Install
- Enables Batch Queries to use data on an iASP.
- “Collection.table not found” error on V7R1 with a user profile that has a CCSID of 65535.
- Allows creation of data views using tables on an iASP.
- Fixes a batch query error when tables have a CCSID of 65535.
- Prompting for a List of Actual Values from Data Source returns different values in 9.0 compared to 7.0 of JDE World customer.
- Batch queries fail with the error: “Product 5722JV1 Option 0008 not installed”.
- JD Edwards 9.1 multi Role sequencing is not being honored with Showcase.
- JD Edwards user cannot log in after installing 220.127.116.11.