The software and user guides for Surveyor/400 are available to download from the https://my.linoma.com customer portal.
The Latest Library Version is 4.1.3. Use the Update Server to update the Surveyor Library.
The EXPDTA, IMPDTA and EXPSPL commands require Java 1.6.
April 12, 2019
- SQL Editor - Fixed issues with parenthesis and using the F4 key.
- SQL Editor - Display column size in data type after pressing F4.
January 3, 2019
- SQL Editor - Add ability to open .sql files outside of application.
- Certificate Manager - Preferences - Add ability to specify location and password of key store.
- Certificate Manager - Preferences - Add ability to change key store password.
- Journal Entries - Handle large sequence numbers represented as -1. (Update Server 4.1.3)
May 21, 2018
- Export - Excel 2007 - Add Streaming option.
- Export - Excel 2007 - EXPDTA - Add Streaming option. (Update Server 4.1.2)
- Journal Entries - Add option to leave window open after retrieving entries.
April 9, 2018
- Export - Excel - EXPDTA - Out of memory now produces SVY0001.
- Import - Excel - IMPDTA - Out of memory now produces SVY0001.
January 22, 2018
- Export - Excel - Add ability to wrap data in a cell.
- Stored Procedures - Execute - Removed parameter length restrictions.
- Object Properties - Fix incorrect size calculation for MB and GB. (Update Server 4.1.1)
October 12, 2017
- Rebrand - Change Linoma information to HelpSystems
- Export - Database - Fix destination IASP when using EXPDTA. (Update Server 4.1.0)
- SP - Fix SP command not working. (Update Server 4.1.0)
August 24, 2017
- Export - Excel - Fix whole number format being applied to decimal cells when decimal formatting left blank.
July 24, 2017
- SQL Generator - Add ability to generate permission statements.
- SQL Generator - Add ability to generate drop statements.
- SQL Editor - Preserve leading spaces in literals when copying from SQL Log.
- SQL Generator - Fix V7R2 file not found error for long table names.
- Export Spooled File - Save ESPX specification - Fix Filter Overprinting and other advanced properties not saving.
- IFS - Fix right-click menu position when opened on empty portion of table after scrolling down.
- Disconnect - Make Surveyor temporary MSGQs *PUBLIC *ALL, so other user profiles may delete. (Update Server 4.0.10)
March 10, 22017
- SQL Editor - Add Default Log Location preference.
- SQL Editor - Add Continuous Write preference.
- IFS File Chooser - Improve performance.
- Journal Entries - If error occurs when writing to temp file, but some records written, open temp file.
- Journal Entries - Default date/time fields when insert error occurs. (Update Server 4.0.9)
- Journal Entries - Upon error if no records are written, remove temp file. (Update Server 4.0.9)
- Journal Entries - When error occurs, if some records written notify client. (Update Server 4.0.9)
January 5, 2017
- Journal Entries - Fix journal using file library instead of journal library.
- IFS - Deleting or renaming a folder in table expands wrong parent folder tree.
- IFS - Fix file not being recognized as duplicate when copying and pasting in root.
November 29, 2016
- Journal Entries - Add ability to view journal entries for a given file in a temporary file using the File Editor. The journal entries may be saved as a Layout.
- Journal Entries - Display journal entries for a given *JRN object using the DSPJRN command.
- Custom Commands - Add STRJRN and ENDJRN.
- File Editor - Add preference to prompt for deleting of temporary journal save file.
- File Editor - Support SQL Double data type.
- SQL Function - Improve window sizing for large functions.
- TN5250 - Fix lock up on screen restore.
- Journal Entries - Add supporting programs. (Update Server 4.0.8)
- SQL Generator - Support NCHAR, NVARCHAR, DECFLOAT data types. (Update Server 4.0.8)
July 25, 2016
- SQL Wizard - Fix SQL when joining 3 or more tables.
- SQL Wizard - Fix 'Use AS' checkbox 'Change Alias' option appearing twice.
- Import Wizard - Create table - Fix decimal field length calculation being too small when many numbers are to the right of the decimal point.
- Import Wizard - Fix certain types of 'REF!' errors not being recognized.
- Export - Excel - Fix issues with black and white colors.
- IFS - Fix double clicking on folders having no effect.
- IFS - Copy Name - Fix containing name of parent instead of child.
May 4, 2016
- Client Command Line - Add ability to monitor for messages, such as SVY0101 No Records Exported, via command line options -exportdb2, -importdb2, -exportspool2.
- Client Command Line - importdb - Fix issue with importing Excel 2007
- RDI Plugin - Add instructions for version 9.5.
- SQL Editor Results - Add ability to view a BLOB field in field viewer.
- SQL Editor Results - Add ability to view an XML field in table.
- FTP - CPF3281, CPC32B0, CPI32B0, CPC7301, CPC7305, CPC7011 should not cause FTP Error status. (Update Server 4.0.7)
- MENU - Update address and copyright. (Update Server 4.0.7)
- EXPDTA, IMPDTA, EXPSPL - Update Java version help. (Update Server 4.0.7)
- EXPDTA, IMPDTA, EXPSPL - Add JVM name to header. (Update Server 4.0.7)
December 14, 2015
- SQL Editor Results - Add ability to export a BLOB field to file.
- Edit Authority - Fix problems when object is in an IASP.
- SQL Search - Better enforce Object Access authority.
- Misc - Update online demo link.
September 1, 2015
- SQL Editor - Add comment/uncomment menu option for selected text.
- SQL Editor - Add qcmdexc menu option for selected text.
- Views - Users must have *CHANGE authority to see a view's source.
- File Editor - When adding records, update default value of current date, time, and timestamp fields.
- File Editor - Treat Open DBCS fields as Graphic to avoid truncation.
June 3, 2015
- Make compatible with Java 8.
- Create 64 bit version.
May 19, 2015
- File Editor - Filter - Treat hex fields as character.
May 7, 2015
- Import - Excel - Fix text value from a formula cell error.
May 5, 2015
- EXPDTA - Database - Fix user space error when exporting to remote system.
April 29, 2015
- Update JT400 driver to version 8.5.
- Update Excel driver.
- Allow user to change expired password.
- Add ability to display command information similar to DSPCMD.
- EXPDTA - Fix SVY0101 not working when using USMSG parameter.
- EXPDTA - Database - Fix user space error.
- View Properties - Fix SQL tab not appearing when name contains spaces.
April 20, 2015
- EXPDTA, IMPDTA, EXPSPL - Fix USMSG parameter not working. (Update Server 4.0.6)
January 6, 2015
- TN5250 - Revert some Field Minus handling to old behavior.
January 2, 2015
- File Editor - Fix lock up when using Duplicate Prompt after resizing a column heading.
- Import - Excel - Handle Concatenate formula.
- TN5250 - Improve Field Minus handling.
- EXPDTA - Expand query length. (Update Server 4.0.5)
November 13, 2014
- TN5250 - Attempt to handle write to window errors.
October 30, 2014
- IASP - Improve IASP handling. (Update Server 4.0.4)
September 25, 2014
- TN5250 - Add ability to copy and paste using keys.
- RDI Plugin - Fix Surveyor application not launching.
August 11, 2014
- Constraints - Add ability to delete constraints.
- Constraints - Add ability to enable/disable constraints.
May 9, 2014
- Import - Excel - Import error cell correctly.
- Job Properties - Add general job information.
- Export - Add ability to export all members to a folder.
- EXPDTA - Add ability to export all members to a folder. (Update Server 4.0.3)
January 30, 2014
- IMPDTA - Unable to import Fixed Width file without specification.
October 22, 2013
- File Groups - Unable to add file to group.
October 17, 2013
- Web Update - Change alternate site.
- EXPSPL - Fix margins with decimal points. (Update Server 4.0.2)
October 4, 2013
- SQL Editor - Export - Export All button not working.
October 1, 2013
- Import - Open specs when source fields are empty.
- Import - Excel - Import #REF! errors as zero.
- Import - Fixed Width - Fix mapping error when saving in XML.
September 18, 2013
- Fix object not found with single user license.
August 22, 2013
- Library List - Library List Groups - Add ability organize libraries into groups.
- Library List Groups - Add ability to secure library list groups.
- SQL Search - Add SQL Search feature. Search for database files, indexes, procedures, functions, triggers and constraints.
- SQL Search - Distinguish types of files such as SQL tables and DDS physicals.
- SQL Functions - Add ability to view, create and manage SQL functions.
- Specifications - Add option to save import, export and spool Specifications in XML format.
- IFS - Add ability to view, create and manage network shares.
- System Properties - Add database properties.
- DBR - Add ability to view unique keys.
- File Editor - Add reason code for non-editable files.
- Layouts - Increase maximum size of layouts.
- FTP Log Viewer - Make summary buttons toggle buttons.
- Upgrade to Java 7.
- Upgrade Java Toolbox to 7.9
- Improve last system used logic.
- EXPDTA - Fix *Headings not working without specification.
- IFS - Fix Copy to Workstation in tree.
- Improve key positioning in table when duplicate letters present.
- Report message id when error in message description API.
- File Search - Add more record search options.
September 19, 2013
Version 3000 3.8.19
- Add Surveyor 4.0 message.
January 9, 2013
Version 3000 3.8.18
- User Access - Allow 'Max Export Records' to be set when 'Object Access' is not selected.
January 4, 2013
Version 3000 3.8.17
- User Access - Allow 'Max Export Records' to be set when only 'Export Layouts' is selected.
- IASP - Various IASP fixes.
- EXPDTA - Fix 'Password is not set' error when using a spec saved with custom connection and ran by a user id different from the one saved.
- Import - Improve empty source fields error handling.
- Export - Excel - Fix problem when opening a specification that contains custom headers and footers.
October 18, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.16
- Test build.
August 7, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.15
- SQL Wizard - Columns not loading when table name is less than ten characters and contains a period.
July 12, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.14
- IMPDTA - Excel - Fix 'Password is not set' error when using specification.
March 29, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.13
- Import - Add option to recognize negative number patterns.
March 8, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.12
- Export Spool - Line Feed Filter - Not filtering line feed when line feed is first character on page.
February 24, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.11
- Command Line Option - Add exportdb2 and importdb2 which allow override of source and destination.
- SQL Editor - Doesn't create SSL connection when SSL specified on system.
- Export Wizard - SQL - Allow Call Procedure statement.
- Export Wizard - SQL - When SQL contains more than one file and column headings are specified, column headings only displayed for first file.
- Stored Procedures - Execute - Timestamp parameter in wrong format.
February 2, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.10
- Import Wizard - Excel2007 - Next button causing lock up on certain sheets.
January 18, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.9
- Library List - JOBD button not replacing library list.
January 11, 2012
Version 3000 3.8.8
- File Editor - Position To does not scroll to top when position by RRN.
- File Editor - If delete fails due to trigger, do not show delete message in status.
- Configure Screen - System name cannot be blank.
- Import - Delimited - Strip all non-numeric characters from numeric fields.
- Import - Excel 2007 - Count not accurate for blank rows.
- Stored Procedures - Insert Parameter not inserting blank row.
November 10, 2011
Version 3000 3.8.7
- Import Excel - Fix rounding problem with large double values.
- Import Excel - Fix problem with import into SMALLINT data type.
September 23, 2011
Version 3000 3.8.6
- Import Excel 2007 - Treat null cells the same as empty cells.
July 14, 2011
Version 3000 3.8.5
- Export Spool - Fix Filter Overprinting error when single character on page.
- Export Spool Preference - Fix backward compatibility issue with filter line preference introduced in 3.8.4.
June 16, 2011
Version 3000 3.8.4
- Export Spool - Add filter line feed option.
- Spooled File Viewer - Add filter line feed option.
- EXSPL - Add filter line feed option.(Update Server 3.3.1)
April 29, 2011
Version 3000 3.8.3
- IFS File chooser - Repress file listings based on Surveyor authority.
- IFS File listing - Improve performance.
- Export - Update progress bar text for zero records.
- Miscellaneous maintenance.
March 1, 2011
Version 3000 3.8.2
- Export - Fixed Width - Add Load Fields button.
- Export - Fixed Width - Add Always use field length box.
- File Editor - Fix backwards Hebrew characters.
- Export Wizard Spool - PDF - Fix auto calculated margins for certain individually selected spooled files.
November 24, 2010
Version 3000 3.8.1
- EXPDTA - When using a specification column headings suppression ignored.
November 17, 2010
Version 3000 3.8.0
- IFS - Transfer folders to and from workstation.
- IFS Explorer - Add right-click menu option to System menu.
- IFS Preferences - Add IFS Explorer initial folder preference.
- IFS Explorer - Fix miscellaneous navigation problems.
- File Editor - Filter - Add position to, on field select screen.
- File Editor - Filter - Add show fields as seen in Layout check box.
- Export - Excel - Add ability to append to an existing sheet, or add new sheet to an existing spreadsheet.
- EXPDTA - Enable HEADTYPE(*HEADINGS) when using query.
- SQL Editor - Add Font preference.
- SQL Editor - Results - Fix numeric column auto size.
- Upgrade to JTOpen 7.1
- EXPDTA - Support Excel append.(Update Server 3.3.0)
- Field Properties - Field procedures check for loval.(Update Server 3.3.0)
September 23, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.8
- File Editor - Field Editor - Add overwrite ability.
- Export Excel - Add headers and footers when printing.
- Export Excel 2003 - Fix autosize happening too many times.
- Export Excel 2007 - Fix some numbers appearing as timestamps.
- Import Excel 2007 - Fix problem with empty cells.
- Install - Drop all procedures from Surveyor library. Eliminates duplicates.
- SQL Editor - Add CLIENT_APPLNAME to connection.
- SQL Editor - Save As - Begin with current file name.
- Save As - Warn if file exists.
- Export Spool - If Filter Overprinting automatically export by pages.
- Export Spool - Size better for Motif look and feel.
- Configure Screen - Resize system window.
- EXPSPL - Fix procedure VDRS235C not being declared.
- IMPDTA - When using a specification, add ability to override source and destination.(Update Server 3.2.8)
- EXPSPL - When using a specification, add ability to override destination.(Update Server 3.2.8)
- Field Properties - Add support for field procedures.(Update Server 3.2.8)
- Member List - Show member in use if it has exclusive lock.(Update Server 3.2.8)
July 23, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.7
- Export Wizard - Add ability to run in own connection and specify connection properties.
- Add some support for XML data types.
- Upgrade to JTOpen 7.0
- SQL Editor - Fix problem with cursor location when using F4 on some scripts.
- EXPDTA - Add QRYLIB parameter, which allows user to specify a library when using the QRY parameter.(Update Server 3.2.7)
- EXPDTA - When using a specification, add ability to override source and destination.(Update Server 3.2.7)
- Field properties - Add XML field support.(Update Server 3.2.7)
July 9, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.6
- File Editor - Set library list to not interfere with field proc.
- Export Spool - When exporting a single spooled file do not use spool file listing.
- Export Spool - Add more error handling to trigger escape message.
- Export Spool - Add program to retrieve spooled file number for *LAST and *ONLY.(Update Server 3.2.6)
April 29, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.5
- File Editor - Member/DBR Select - Add refresh button.
- File Editor - Filter - Recognize DBCS Open/Alpha as character data type.
- SQL Editor - Debug - Add UPDPROD(*YES) for debugging.
- Windows Look and Feel - Make mnemonics appear when Alt key is pressed.
- Allow tree positioning by typing in first character of tree node.
- FTP to iSeries - Allow 128 character case sensitive passwords.
- FTP to iSeries - Allow 128 character case sensitive passwords.(Update Server 3.2.5)
April 9, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.4
- Export - Pre-2007 Excel - Fix custom formatting of decimal and whole numbers.
March 25, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.3
- IFS - Add IFS Explorer.
- File Editor - Add alternating row color.
- File Editor - Allow custom column heading export with a non-saved layout.
- Export Spool PDF - Allow user to enter margin size.
- Export Spool Specification - Fix problem opening specification.
- EXPSPL - Allow user to enter margin size.(Update Server 3.2.4)
- DSPSPEC - Fix problem displaying Excel Import specifications.(Update Server 3.2.4)
March 4, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.2
- Export Excel - Fix error when saving specification.
- File Sizes - Round up to 1KB.
- Custom Commands IFS - Add CHGATR and CHGATR ATR(*CCSID).
February 11, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.1
- Export Excel 2007 - Fix incorrect row limit.
- TN5250 - Handle Invalid stream command better.
- SFE - Fix SFE command not working for various translations.
- EXPDTA - Fix Excel 2007 default data font size.(Update Server 3.2.3)
February 1, 2010
Version 3000 3.7.0
- Import/Export - Support Excel 2007.
- Export Excel - Add ability to specify title.
- Export Excel - Add ability to specify sheet name.
- Export Excel - Add ability to autosize columns.
- Export Excel - Add ability to change font properties of title, headings and data.
- Security - Support SSL connections.
- Output Queues - Add ability to work with spooled files from output queue properties.
- Preview - Add Copy Cell.
- Preview - Restrict printing and copy cell with export authority.
- Fast Path - Add tool tip to Object combo box.
- Fast Path - Add Select Member button.
- Stored Procedures Execute - Allow null parameters.
- SQL results - Improve column sizing.
- IFS Editor - Increase buffer size, other miscellaneous improvements.
- Add ability to delete triggers.
- Add ability to select/deselect all columns in table components.
- Upgrade client to Java 1.6.
- Upgrade all drivers, including upgrade to JTOpen 6.6.
- Support Nimbus Look and Feel.
- Install - Add options to declare procedures and create IFS files when the Surveyor library has been moved to a new system.
- Install - Add ability to cancel Web Update.
- Export Spool - Filter Overprinting - Don't filter out new line characters in certain situations.
- File Editor - Fix busy cursor bug on the DBR select screen when double clicking on the file to select.
- Member list - Fix bug when members are locked. V5R4 and above. (Update Server 3.2.2)
- EXPDTA - Add Font options.(Update Server 3.2.1)
- EXPDTA - Allow QDLS.(Update Server 3.2.1)
- EXPDTA/IMPDTA - Support Excel 2007.(Update Server 3.2.0)
- Spooled File Manager - Fix bug with 10 character library and 10 character Output queue.(Update Server 3.2.0)
February 1, 2010
Version 3000 3.6.18
- Prepare for version 3.7
- Spooled File Export Text - Fix ASCII Form Feed replacement.
October 16, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.17
- Import - Excel - Fix problem when opening specification in which a different system must be selected.
- Export - Excel - Fix problem when spreadsheet contains more than 32767 rows.
August 7, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.16
- Update Server - Add more objects for V6R1 conversion(Update Server 3.1.8)
- Update Server - Remove obsolete objects.
July 7, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.15
- Import Wizard - Excel - Fix - When opening specification in which saved sheet is not the first sheet, first sheet is opened. introduced in 3.6.14.
June 9, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.14
- Import Wizard - Excel - Reload sample data when a saved specification is open and a new source Excel file is selected with a different sheet name.
June 8, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.13
- Preferences - Fix - Monospaced Font value may be null, when upgrading from old version.
May 26, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.12
- Import Wizard - Preserve field mappings even if file, library or system changes as long as fields remain the same.
- DSPSPEC - Import Specification - Display field mappings.
- File Editor - Filter - Fix matching parentheses problem when deleting a row.
- TN5250 - Fix problem of screen reverting back to 24X80 when using SEU in 27x132 mode and interrupted by break message.
May 5, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.11
- Command Line Option - Don't show trial period dialog when running non-GUI features.
March 31, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.10
- Plug-in - Support RDi 7.5
- Run SQL - Surround system file names that contain a period in double quotes.
March 10, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.9
- Import - Excel - Update preview table when selecting a starting row.
- Import - Excel - Fix problem with saving a specification introduced in 3.6.8.
March 2, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.8
- Import - Excel - Allow import of Label type records.
- File Editor - Filter - Upgrade GUI, now able to traverse using keys.
- SQL Editor - Find/Replace - Fix hang up due to thread lock.
March 9, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.7
- EXPSPL - Add - Replace Form Feed with number of line feeds needed to fill page.(Update Server 3.1.7)
January 19, 2009
Version 3000 3.6.6 01-19-09
- Export Spooled File Text- Add - Replace Form Feed with number of line feeds needed to fill page.
December 23, 2008
Version 3000 3.6.5
- File Editor - Fix 'Position to' when key field is Graphic.
- Preferences - Add a choice for monospaced fonts. DBCS characters were not being displayed correctly using the default monospaced font.
December 8, 2008
Version 3000 3.6.4
- Import - Excel - Fix error for unexpected Excel sub-record.
November 11, 2008
Version 3000 3.6.3
- Library Chooser - Default libraries shown to user's library list setting.
- Error Log - Redirect error log to user directory if user cannot access.
November 6, 2008
Version 3000 3.6.2
- SQL Generator - Add FOR COLUMN option.
- File Editor - Allow ESC key to close 'Position to' dialogs.
October 28, 2008
Version 3000 3.6.1
- File Editor - Fix Filter lock up on V6R1.
- TN5250 - Add Greek ccsid.
- Delete - Add ability to delete a service program.
- Stored Procedures - Support service program procedure with SQL naming.
- Memory - Increase memory heap for new downloads.
September 18, 2008
Version 3000 3.6.0
- TN5250 - Add SSL support.
- SQL Editor - Preferences - Add ability to specify tab length and replace tabs with spaces.
- SQL Editor - Find Replace - Add ability to find and replace tab characters using \t.
- SQL Editor - Syntax Highlighting - Improve multi-line comment highlighting.
- SQL Editor - Improve Error handling.
- Field Names - Support 128 column field names(Update Server 3.1.6)
- Export Spooled File - Allow generated EXPSPL_LOG spooled file to be exported when not in use.
- Stored Procedures - Execute - Add ability to change connection properties.
- Stored Procedures - Preferences - Add connection properties preference.
- Stored Procedures - Create SQL Procedure - Add ability to set SQL path and date format.
- Stored Procedures - Copy - Add ability to copy multiple procedures.
- Stored Procedures - Copy/Edit - Add ability to set connection properties.
- Properties - Add number of objects to file, procedure and object filters.
September 6, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.15
- Export - Fix BigDecimal format problem in Java 1.6
August 13, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.14
- Beta - Add ability to get beta version.
July 25, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.13
- User Access - Version 29 Upgrade - Administrators not given View User Access when upgrading from version 29x.
July 24, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.12
- Import Wizard - Allow wizard to open if source file not found.
July 21, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.11
- SQL Results - Fix BigDecimal format problem in Java 1.6
June 17, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.10
- Import Wizard - Fixed Width - Fix field lengths being loaded from destination file instead of from saved specification field lengths.
May 9, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.9
- Export SQL Results - Null value not tested correctly when a null object is returned as a result of a CASE expression returning null.
May 6, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.8
- SQL Editor - Add ability to show column labels as column headings in result window.
- SQL Editor - Add tool tip field information to column headings in result window.
- SQL Editor - Add optional warning for potential library list problems.
- SQL Editor - Export Page - Fixed Width - Use metadata field lengths.
- Import Wizard - Create table - Fix 'File does not Exits' message since 3.5.7
- Export XML - Replace spaces with underlines if tag names contain spaces.
- Standardize Member Selectors - Standardize open, save and add member screens.
April 11, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.7
- Spooled File Manager - Add ability copy spooled file attributes to filter.
- Object Filter - Fix bug with date format.
April 7, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.6
- Spooled File Manager - Add ability copy spooled files.
- File Editor - Use main library list.
- Table Chooser - Only list tables user does has access to.
March 31, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.5
- Import - Add ability to import flat files.
- View Properties - Show View SQL on SQL tab.
- Triggers - Add ability to view INSTEAD time triggers.
March 5, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.4
- Fast Path - Open Object Search if wild card used.
- Export Wizard - Fix bug when IFS destination system is different than source system.
February 25, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.3
- WDSC Plugin - Share connections among features.
- User Access - Members of a group will use log/audit files set up at the group level.
- User Access - Add ability to Copy a user or group.
- User Access - Library List - Add ability to select libraries from other users.
- User Access - Add ability to restrict users from viewing User Access.
- Fast Path - Run SQL - Make connection before showing selection menu.
- File Editor - Filter - Add ability to add a row to bottom of filter.
- V6R1 - Prepare objects for V6R1. (Update Server 3.1.4)
- SQL Wizard - Fix inability to enter a date with more than 8 characters. (Update Server 3.1.4)
January 30, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.2
- Spooled File Export - Fix Filter Overprinting box not being loaded from preference.
- Update Server - Disable menu item if not Administrator.
- File Editor - Hex viewer - Fix column heading being truncated in certain situations.
- Procedures - Display number of procedures in status bar.
January 18, 2008
Version 3000 3.5.1
- File Editor - Fix - After updating a cell and using mouse to move to a new cell value of updates reverts back to original value. Caused by Java 1.6.
- SQL Editor Preference - Added a no parsing option.
- Stored Procedure Wizard - Do not parse SQL when using Procedure wizard.
- Stored Procedure Wizard - Improve SQL procedure formatting.
- Export Table - Clipboard - Fix error when using Fixed Width format and not pressing the Next button.
December 18, 2007
Version 3000 3.5.0
- Layouts - Add ability to remove individual field visibility in Filter.
- Layouts - Add ability to restrict individual field visibility.
- Layouts - Add ability to restrict individual field visibility in Filter.
- Layouts - Add ability to restrict individual field editablity.
- Layouts - Add ability to Duplicate a layout.
- Layouts - Add Ability to specify specific Duplicate Layout authorities.
- Layouts - Modify Layout - Add Select All Deselect All to check box columns.
- Recent Files - Add a list of recently opened files to various File menus.
- SQL Editor - Save As Member - Add ability to specify description and type.
- Preferences - Add Spooled File Export preferences.
- Calculator - Add paste ability.
- Layouts - Add Authority menu item.
- File Editor - Add tool tip field information to Modify Layout screen.
- File Editor - Don't allow mass replace of protected column.
- File Properties - DBR - Add key field description column. (Update Server 3.1.3)
- Default Value - Support Default Value of None. (Update Server 3.1.3)
- Print Preview - Fix some sizing issues when using Compress Columns.
- Export Spooled File Specification Wizard - Display message for no records found.
- SQL Editor - Fix length of tab in Save member when using Syntax Coloring.
- SQL Wizard - Fix disappearing Where clause.
- Messaging - Add ability to EXPDTA and IMPDTA to throw escape message for member not found error. (Update Server 3.1.2)
- File Editor - Fix problems with disabled color in Metal look and feel.
- EXPDTA - IMPDTA - EXPSPL - Fix problem with some messages not be thrown when using USEMSG parameter. (Update Server 3.1.3)
- EXPDTA - Allow query to have a length greater than 256 characters. (Update Server 3.1.3)
October 23, 2007
Version 3000 3.4.4
- File Editor - Use default values in Add mode.
- File Editor - Fix problem when default values are less than 1 but greater than zero.(Update Server 3.1.1)
- File Editor - Make logical not editable if physical not editable.(Update Server 3.1.1)
- Check for missing LucidaTypewriter Fonts at start up.
- SQL Editor - Fix miscellaneous parsing errors.
October 15, 2007
Version 3000 3.4.3
- Internal build.
October 2, 2007
Version 3000 3.4.2
- Stored Procedures External Edit - Fix SQL0455 message by qualifying specific name.
- Stored Procedures Edit - Add option to drop procedure based on SQL0456 message.
- Stored Procedures - Show SQL - Generate SQL for comments also.
- Stored Procedures - Show SQL - Select correct system.
September 27, 2007
Version 3000 3.4.1
- Stored Procedures - Add better support for Java procedures.
- Stored Procedures - Add DB2SQL parameter style.
- Stored Procedures Edit - Fix SQL0455 message by qualifying specific name.
- SQL Editor - Fix not being asked to save upon exit after opening a script when Syntax Coloring is on.
- Export SQL Results - Instead of error, export date as null when date format in connection is MDY and date is outside of valid MDY range 1940 to 2039.
September 5, 2007
Version 3000 3.4.0
- SQL Editor - Upon error select position error in statement.
- SQL Editor - Add syntax coloring option.
- SQL Editor - Add option to clear log before executing.
- SQL Editor - Add option to stop executing multi statements upon error.
- SQL Editor Results - Make field viewer only modal to window.
- SQL Editor Results - Add ability to right-click and copy data.
- SQL Editor Results - Add button to view current SQL if too long.
- SQL Editor - Place currently executing SQL statement in status bar.
- SQL Editor Prompt Columns - Add system field name.
- SQL Wizard - Add ability to view the SQL statement as it is being built.
- SQL Wizard - Can now go back to the table selection screen after selecting columns.
- SQL Wizard - Table Selection - Allow user to select *LIBL and *USRLIBL.
- SQL Wizard - Table Selection - Multi-select files with mouse.
- SQL Wizard - Table Selection - Add file description tool tip.
- SQL Wizard - Improved join SQL.
- SQL Wizard - Add ability to use AS for file names.
- SQL Samples - Add find text ability.
- SQL Samples - Add syntax coloring.
- SQL Samples - All sample and editor window to be open simultaneously.
- Stored Procedures Execute - Add Reset value button.
- Stored Procedures Results - Add button to view parameters.
- Create - Alter Table - Add ability to allocate lengths for appropriate data types.
- Create - Alter Table - Generate SQL - Add encoding for appropriate data types.
- Create - Alter Table - Generate SQL - Add/improve rowid support.
- Create - Alter Table - Generate SQL - Add/improve null default value support.
- Generate SQL - Add option not to generate library.
- Field Viewers/Editors - Add ability to search.
- Field Viewers/Editors - Make word wrap optional.
- Field Viewers/Editors - Add row/column identifiers to title bar.
- Field Editors - Add ability to search and replace.
- Field Editors - Add ability to undo redo editing.
- User Access - SQL - Add logging.(Update Server 3.1.0)
- Layouts - Add Last used time stamp and user. Add created time stamp.(Update Server 3.1.0)
- Messaging - Give optional ability to EXPDTA, IMPDTA and EXPSPL to throw escape messages upon failure. Must use USEMSG(*YES).(Update Server 3.1.0)
- Text Editors - Make text editor behavior uniform.
- SQL Table components - Make behavior uniform.
- FTP Log viewer - cascade windows when opening multiple logs.
- IFS - Add ability to work with files that begin with a period.
- Triggers - Add trigger properties.
- File Editor Filter - Fix incorrect format being used in filter when new format selected.
- Layouts - Generate Script - Surround system names that contain spaces with double quotes.
- File Editor - Field properties - Select correct format instead of first format.
May 1, 2007
Version 3000 3.3.11
- WDSC Plugin - Add support for WDSC 7
- File Editor - Filter - When filtering a file with a record length between 1009 and 2032 in view only mode, the incorrect number of records may returned due to a blocking factor problem. IBM may fix this via PTF, in the meantime we calculate the blocking factor.
April 17, 2007
Version 3000 3.3.10
- Export Spooled File - Add ability to change leading.
- Layouts - Allow Surveyor Administrator to delete layouts with corrupt authority records.
- Layouts - Fix problem when user without 'Public Layout Authority' creates layout. (Update Server 3.0.9)
- Field Properties - Add support for ROWID columns. (Update Server 3.0.9)
April 3, 2007
Version 3000 3.3.9
- File Groups - Allow user to choose a different system when saved system is not found.
- File Groups - Show error messages when loading files, and give user option of removing files in error from group.
January 24, 2007
Version 3000 3.3.8
- Import - Fix SQL0206 error when first field in specification is excluded.
January 9, 2017
Version 3000 3.3.7
- Layouts - Prompt Filter - Add Field Description column.
- Export Database - Fix bug when excluding all but one field.
- Layouts - Generate Script - Surround layout names that contain spaces with double quotes.
- Generate DDS - Fix column headings and text not being generated for files that have reference file when 'Reference Data' box is unchecked. (Update Server 3.0.8)
- Field Properties - Fix incorrect length for complex types. (Update Server 3.0.8)
- SQL Generator - Fix incorrect length for complex types. (Update Server 3.0.8)
December 5, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.6
- Delete - Add ability to delete *MSGQ and *PNLGRP objects.
- File Editor - Recognize a field when it is renamed but original name is specified as key. (Update Server 3.0.7)
- Long file names - Fix long file names not appearing on various screens. (Update Server 3.0.7)
December 1, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.5
- Import/Export - When opening specifications on the client, look up by system name current IP address, user name, and password as opposed to using what is saved.
- SQL Editor - Improve SPL parsing.
November 3, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.4
- SQL Editor - Allow Common Table Expressions under the 'Allow SQL' authority setting.
- Members - Allow multi-selected members to be used in FTP functions.
- Members Properties - Allow multi-selection of members.
- FTP Log Viewer - Open View Field box upon double-click.
- FTPOBJ - Add restore member option - parameter RMBROPT. Useful when member names of an existing target file do not match the source. (Update Server 3.0.6)
- FTPOBJ - Allow FTP 550 errors that contain successful restore messages to have a status of Finished instead of FTP Error. (Update Server 3.0.6)
- FTPOBJ - Increase maximum objects selected from 10 to 100, and maximum members selected from 10 to 50. (Update Server 3.0.6)
- FTPF - Increase maximum objects selected from 10 to 100. (Update Server 3.0.6)
- EXPDTA, EXPSPL, IMPDTA - Add redirect log output - parameter REDIRLOC. Allows log file to be directed to an IFS file or an OUTQ. Works in conjunction with the OUTPUT parameter. (Update Server 3.0.6)
October 4, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.3
- Export Fixed Width - SQL Results - Fix SQL error when next button is pressed.
- Export Fixed Width - Only reset field lengths if file changes when next button is pressed.
- WDSC Plugin - TN5250 - Fix key mappings not being saved.
September 28, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.2
- EXPDTA - Fix Fixed Width exports ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error.
- Command Line Option- Add ability to run iSeries commands from a command script using the -runcommand or -runcommandprompt arguments.
September 15, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.1
- Export Database - Fix member not being replaced correctly when target file is on a different system than the source file.
- Export Database - When source file contains more fields than target file, give user option to exclude orphaned fields.
- SQL Editor - Fix library list field text being initialized to 'SURVEYOR' instead of saved preference when changing systems.
August 21, 2006
Version 3000 3.3.0
- Export - Consolidate all Exports into Export Wizard.
- Export - Export to another database file.
- Export - Add column headings option for first row exported.
- Export Excel - Add option to bold column headings.
- Export - Add option to open exported file.
- Export - When exporting to Clipboard add ability to select a format.
- Export - File Editor and SQL results - Add ability to export with any delimiter.
- Export - File Editor and SQL results - Add ability to export in fixed width and XML.
- Import - Distinguish between warnings and errors.
- Import - Excel - Allow user to select a sheet.
- Import - Excel - Support basic formulas.
- Import - Add ability to match source and target fields by name.
- Import/Export - Add IASP support for EXPDTA and IMPDTA commands.
- User Access - Add 'Export Layout' authority that will allow users without Object Access to still export layouts.
- User Access - Changes to Data Transfer logs will be immediate when the change is being made to the Administrator's currently connected user id.
- User Access - Add 'Export to Database' authority.
- Generate DDS - Fix bug when references file not found. (Update Server 3.0.5)
- Generate DDS - Add support for allow null and alias. (Update Server 3.0.5)
- IFS Properties - Fix not available messages when IFS file has more than 16 authorized users. (Update Server 3.0.5)
- Object Search - Allow Object:*ALLUSR Library:QSYS or *LIBL Type:*LIB. Allows user to get a list of *ALLUSR libraries. (Update Server 3.0.5)
May 19, 2006
Version 3000 3.2.3
- Server change - Recompiled various programs to target release V5R1. This was done to prevent new installs from experiencing a MCH3601 error due to IBM PTFs. This change will not help existing installs. Existing installs must download a save file from http://www.linomasoftware.com/beta/surveyor54/
May 2017, 2006
Version 3000 3.2.2
- SQL Results Excel Export - Right trim character fields.
- Command Editor - Fix incorrect identification of comments for commands that can contain /* that is not a comment. Example: (LIBRARY/*ALL)
- TN5250 - Add better error handling for Invalid Commands.
March 31, 2006
Version 3000 3.2.1
- WDSC Plugin - Remove registration requirement. Version 1.2.4.
- FTP iSeries - When using save file transfer use *ALL for members instead of *FIRST when member name not specified.
- Install - Handle missing procedure call Exception.
March 15, 2016
Version 3000 3.2.0
- Added Edit Authority feature.
- Added Remember Window Size feature.
- WDSC Plugin - Add Edit Authority. Version 1.2.3.
- Preferences - Remember Window Size preference.
- Preferences - Moved 'Preview Display Count' to System section.
February 28, 2006
Version 3000 3.1.5
- TN5250 - Fix 'Key not allowed' error in Field Exit Required fields.
- Fast Path - Fix history read location.
- Install - Fix reconnect on some installs.
- Remove *ADMIN user when QSECOFR installs. (Update Server 3.0.3)
- FTPF - Get member name when *FIRST specified for client member. (Update Server 3.0.3)
- SFE - Add Layout Owner. (Update Server 3.0.3)
February 8, 2006
Version 3000 3.1.4
- TN5250 - Fix problem of lock up in 27x132 mode due to too many fields.
- TN5250 - Process control characters that cause some menu type fields not to appear.
- TN5250 - Fix data appearing in wrong place due to insert cursor conflict.
- TN5250 - Fix not all data being cleared in 27x132 mode.
- WDSC Plugin - Fix File Editor not being launched from File Properties Main menu. Version 1.2.2.
- WDSC Plugin - Fix possible incorrect file attribute when a valid attribute appears in the objects description. Version 1.2.2.
January 13, 2006
Version 3000 3.1.3
- File Editor Filter - Fix 'Not' symbol character set incompatibility.
- File Editor Filter - Fix Filter not cleared when file is closed.
- Spooled File Specification - Fix Margin and Auto Size not being populated in the Wizard.
December 27, 2005
Version 3000 3.1.2
- Procedure Properties - Fix problem of Procedure Properties, Edit and Copy features not working when specific name is different from routine name.
December 20, 2005
Version 3000 3.1.1
- Layouts - Fix problem of some elements of filter not being saved correctly after filter has been reset.
December 8, 2005
Version 3000 3.1.0
- Layouts - Add ability to generate a script which can open a layouts without opening entire application.
- WDSC Plugin - Add ability to edit data areas.
- WDSC Plugin - Add ability to display IFS file properties and permissions.
- Optimize icons.
November 22, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.8
- Native Import and Export - Specify date format property on JDBC connection. Newer JDBC drivers are more sensitive to this property.
- TN5250 - Device names were not being retrieved correctly when preferences are stored in User Folder.
November 15, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.7
- Minor bug fixes and documentation changes for public build.
- User Access - When adding a new user. If the new user is in a group, and Modify Library List is checked, prompt user to copy the group's library list.
November 9, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.6 (not available to public)
- WDSC Plugin - Fix incompatibility with WDSC 6.x
- Export logging - Log File Editor exports made by using Export Selected Records and Export Page
- File Editor - Position - Do not trim leading spaces in Position dialog.
October 21, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.5
- Export Wizard - Fix some special characters not exporting correctly to IFS. Caused by Unicode change in 3.0.3.
- EXPDTA - Add Unicode option.(Update Server)
- EXPDTA - Fix failure of exports using a specification due to older version of Java Toolbox licensed program. Caused by Unicode change in 3.0.3.(Update Server IFS)
- Add ability to control Java output on EXPSPL, EXPDTA, and IMPDTA commands.(Update Server)
- EXPSPL - Add option to replace form feed characters with ASCII form feed characters.(Update Server)
- Fix authority error when adding certain users to a group.(Update Server)
October 6, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.4
- Spooled File Export - Text files - Add ability to replace form feed with ASCII form feed.
October 4, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.3
- Export Wizard - Add ability export using Unicode encoding.
- Fix new users library list not being initialized with *NEWUSR's library list.(Update Server)
September 26, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.2
- File Editor Filter - Allow user to leave prompt field empty.
- File Editor Filter - Allow user to Run Filter, if they don't have Modify Filter authority.
- Export Layout - Prompt user to fill in Prompt field values.
- Export Layout - Export column headings or custom column headings, depending on the Layout's Name/Description property.
- File Editor - Fix quirky select and right-click behavior of RRN fields.
- Install - List administrators if user is not an Administrator.
- Client Update - Fix problem of some non-Windows platform not getting update due to missing folder.
September 13, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.1
- Import Excel - Fix problem of Crystal Reports created spreadsheet not importing.
- System Properties - Fix IFS version displayed as 3000.
- Update Server Library - Display better message for empty update.
September 9, 2005
Version 3000 3.0.0
- User Access - Add ability to place users in a group.
- User Access - Add Object Access.
- User Access - Add Last Log On time stamp.
- User Access File Editor - Add Public Layout, Add, Change, Delete and Undelete authorities.
- User Access Spooled Files - Add Manage and Export authorities.
- Layout Security - Add ability to assign authority to individual layouts.
- Layout - Add Layout Properties.
- Layout - If the format id of the file has changed since the layout was created, the user is shown the differences and is given the opportunity to adjust the layout.
- Layout - Added option to open layout without the using the saved filter.
- Layout - Added option copy and rename.
- File Editor - Add Layout name to title bar.
- File Editor Filter - Add promptable filter fields. User will be prompted for input when the filter is executed.
- File Editor Filter - Added cancel button to revert back to previous filter before Filter window was opened.
- File Editor - Retain filter when changing member.
- File Editor - Add ability to set authority when using Save Layout As.
- File Editor Export - Fix unnecessarily adding double quotes around fields that contain commas for XLS export.
- Password protection - Improved password protection.
- Delete Database Objects - Delete multiple database objects from main window.
- Generate DDS - Add GENDDS command to generate DDS for multiple files.
- Configure - Add ability to change order of systems.
- SQL Editor Column Prompt - Add ability to sort and find in column prompt window.
- Fix Lucida Typewriter Font not found.
- FTP Workstation - Fix byte count for files over 2.14GB.
April 21, 2005
- Changed monospaced font to a font which can more easily distinguish the letter O from the number zero.
- IFS Editor - Fix Ctrl-c not always working.
- Delete objects/members - Made result message box scrollable.
- Add option to check for major upgrade on IFS.
March 9, 2005
- Delete Members - Add ability to remove multiple members from main window.
- Delimited Import - Fix problem of unnecessarily trimming text around delimiter character when that character is not used as a delimiter but is present inside of a text qualifier.
- Import/Export Wizard - Fix. Specification name may disappear if window is resized too small.
February 28, 2005
- Export Spool Specification - Fix. After opening a saved specification, the destination may be null if the destination format is changed without reloading the specification.
February 9, 2005
- Update Server - Library Objects - Fix not always working on V4R5.
February 3, 2005
- FTP Workstation - Progress bar not working correctly due to change in 2909.03.
January 27, 2005
- FTP AS400 - No save file transfer - Add ability to specify transfer types ASCII, EBCDIC and Binary. (Update Server)
- FTP AS400 - Save file transfer - Add better error handling for save and restore operations. Must be installed on target system for restore messages (Update Server).
- FTP AS400 - Save file transfer - Use Save While Active *SYNCLIB. (Update Server)
- Member List - If member list too large use alternate retrieval method. (Update Server)
January 19, 2005
- SQL Editor - Call stored procedure with system naming.
- Fix problem of frames not closing when the X is clicked on.
- Add multi item progress bar to updates and spooled file export.
January 12, 2005
- Import - Give user opportunity to select a different system when saved IFS source system does not connect.
- External Procedures - Use system naming for Show SQL Editor when procedure contains entry points or when the external library is *LIBL.
- SQL Editor - Show warning messages in log.
- Fix busy cursor problem when beginning a File or Object Search.
December 21, 2004
- IFS Navigation - Fix bug of busy cursor turning off too quickly which allowed users to click on components that were not ready for input.
- SQL Procedure - Add right-click text edit menu items.
- Debug mode - Add some code for debug mode.
December 10, 20004
- Workstation Schedule Import/Export via command line - Added command line options when launching application. Options allow imports and exports without using a GUI for a given specification.
- Import Excel - Added ability to specify beginning row.
- Add ability to set registry entries for Windows file extensions via command line.
- Locks - Added ability to send messages to, or end multiple jobs that are locking an object.
- Spooled File Export - Allow user to open PDF viewer after export.(Windows)
- Spooled File Viewer - Improve GUI appearance when searching.
- Spooled File Export/Viewer - Add logic for extended ASCII (foreign) chars.
- File Editor - Menu will be labeled View instead of Edit if user has view only authority.
- File Editor - Fix incorrect member being chosen when selected from a list of sorted members.
- SQL Editor - Improve error handling in save and open member functions.
- SQL Editor - Surround delimited export delimiter in quotes.
- SQL Wizard - Fix only short file names allowed in text field.
- Export Excel - Fix columns being shifted when first column is blank.
- Export Wizard Excel - Do not leave first row blank if column headings are omitted.
- Export table Excel - Fix error when exporting a Surveyor table that contains a field like 100kb.
- FTP Workstation - Add ability to view job log when a save error occurs.
- FTP AS400 - Add button to view job log when Send button pressed.
- WDSC Plug-in - Fix problem of losing serial number when upgrading WDSC.
- WDSC Plug-in - Changed Alt key combinations no to interfere with LPEX editor.
July 8, 2004
- WebSphere Development Studio Client - Surveyor/400 can be plugged into WDSC.
- FTP - Add feature to transfer save files via FTP to and from workstation.
- Save Files - Add ability to view save file contents.(Update Server)
- Spooled File Export - Added ability to export page ranges.
- Support table names with mixed case and spaces. Must enclose in double quotes.
- SQL Wizard - Add ability to construct multiple joins.
- SQL Editor - Add icons to result window.
- SQL Editor - Add ability to view CLOBS.
- SQL Editor - Add ability to view BLOBS as images.
- SQL Editor - Fix truncation problem when saving script as member.
- SQL Editor - Fix problems when saving and opening a member.
- SQL Editor - Retain formatting of statements in SQL log.
- Run SQL - Use mixed case name when possible if launched from tree.
- Run SQL - Not always looking at correct naming preference. Fixed
- Import - Better support for date formats when importing an Excel file.
- Import - Add authority to deny users the ability to replace records.
- Import - When creating a table based on the file being imported, replace spaces in field names with underlines.
- Import Wizard - Prompt user for saving spec after import if specs have changed, instead of automatically saving specs.
- Import Wizard - When using the create table feature for delimited files delimited by a character other than a comma, window will just close on first attempt. Fixed.
- Export Wizard - Right justify numeric fields for Fixed Width export.
- Export Wizard - File name not correct when name contains mixed case and spaces when launched from tree.
- File Editor - Make the display of new line and tab chars optional.
- File Editor - Open - Add member chooser.
- File Editor Filter - When launching the File Editor from certain member screens, filter may not work due to member name and format name being concatenated. Fixed.
- File Editor Filter - Fix error message thrown by filter not showing while leaving busy cursor on.
- IFS - Add create date to main IFS table.
- FTP AS400 - Make into wizard instead of tab pane.
- Custom Commands - After running a command that results in an error, allow the user to view the job log.
- Editors - Add ability to undo/redo text changes in SQL Editor, IFS Editor and Command Editor.
- Connection - Add better error messages when connection rejected due to user name and password problems.
- Searching - Fix inability to cancel a search without an established command connection.
- Install - Add check for system value QFRCCVNRST.
- Tree - In Windows look and feel some tree node fonts may be truncated.
March 8, 2004
- Update EXPDTA and IMPDTA so they may work without a specification(Update Server)
- Added ability to search for source files. In Object and File searches.(Update Server)
- Preferences - Consolidate on Configure screen. Add new preferences for Export Wizard, Fast Path, Import Wizard, Spooled File Viewer, Spooled File Export and SQL Editor.
- Preferences - Give import and export spooled file their own default directories.
- Import Wizard - Add ability to import a value as null.
- Import Wizard - Fixed Width - Add ability to load lengths from table.
- Import Wizard - Allow user to specify number records used to estimate field lengths and data types when creating a table.
- Import Wizard - Fix bug when loading excluded or mapped fields.
- Import Wizard - Add date formats mmddyy, yymmdd.
- SQL Editor - Add ability to change date, time, and binary connection properties.
- SQL Editor - Support single line comments.
- SQL Editor - Wrap text when saving as member.
- SQL Editor - Added ability to select member when opening or saving a member.
- SQL Editor - Run SQL - Fix bug that locks file when using this feature.
- SQL Editor - Fix bug when pressing F4 when query contains multiple files.
- SQL Editor - Fix bug when saving to *FIRST member.
- IFS - Add progress and status bars when copying and deleting files.
- IFS - Add ability to make a duplicate of a file or folder with a Copy of prefix.
- IFS - Fix problems when copying IFS data between different iSeries.
- IFS - Improve tree and table refresh after copying or deleting.
- File Editor - Disallow change mode for read only files.
- File Editor - Fix ability to filter a multi format file.
- File Editor - Fix bug that would allow a user with view only ability to change a file under certain circumstances.
- Export Wizard - Calculate fixed width numeric lengths based on actual length instead of displayable length.
- Export Wizard - Add date formats mmddyy, yymmdd, and yyydd.
- Layouts - Delete authority inconsistent. Users can delete any layout they create. Must have Edit authority to delete other users layouts.
February 26, 2004
- Import/Export - Added ability to import/export Excel files.
- SQL Editor - Ability to cancel queries.
- SQL Editor - Add ability to use system naming.
- SQL Editor - Run Scripts in their own threads, so users may use other features concurrently.
- SQL Editor - Launch select, insert, or update statement from menu item of a given database file menu or member menu.
- SQL Editor - Make it easier to move SQL statements from SQL Log to editor.
- SQL Wizard - Add ability to join files.
- SQL Wizard - Improve how keys and buttons work to populate GUI.
- SQL Wizard - Use wizard to design insert, update and delete statements.
- SQL Wizard - Columns names are sorted in default order. May be optionally sorted ascending or descending.
- Export Wizard - Add ability to append to an existing file for some formats.
- Export Wizard - Add ability to use member when specifying a query. Type the member name in the Member field.
- Export Wizard - Make query window easier to use.
- Export Wizard - Add more XML options.
- Import Wizard - When creating a table, field data types and lengths are estimated based on first 50 records in file.
- Import Wizard - Improve format of date and timestamps.
- Import Wizard - Many miscellaneous fixes.
- Import Wizard - Remove some special characters from numeric fields.
- Import Wizard - Add ability to suppress warnings.
- Surveyor - Add ability to use different IASPs. File Editor pending.
- Help - Add right-click pop-up menu to select and copy text.
- File Editor - Add support for unicode - CCSID 13488.
- File Editor - Fix. Function keys not always working.
- File Editor - Fix. Invalid Duplicate Prompt values when columns re-arranged in single mode.
- File Editor - Fix. In single record mode latest changes are not always shown when paging up and down.
- File Editor - Hex Editor - Make column heading wider.
- IFS File Chooser - Display location and improve how directories are selected.
- IFS - Fix. Copy and Move to workstation was only allowed for single file.
- IFS - Fix. Unable to delete multiple directories.
- Spooled File - Improve Filter overprinting when the overprinted characters are underlines.
- Library List - Just collapse Database portion of tree when Library List is changed.
- Preview Tab - Fix. Timestamp values with an hour of 24 being rounded up.
- Printing - Heading not visible on some black and white printers,
- Procedures - Add Show SQL button to procedure properties.
- Procedures - Separate copy and edit functions.
- Update Server - Combine Apply Server Patch with Update Server.
- Screen Size - When Surveyor Opens in 800 X 600, tool bar may disappear if resized on some computers.
- Server Change(2905) - Update EXPDTA and IMPDTA commands to work with Excel files.
- Server Change(2905) - Change FTP commands to handle NAMEFMT 1 naming convention.
- Server Change(2905) - Fixed problem of offline size on object tab not being displayed correctly when the value is greater than 1,000,000,000 bytes.
- Server Change(2905) - Fix DBR bug. Garbage data appearing in relations for very large relations.
August 11, 2003
- Custom Commands - Added ability to prompt OS/400 commands. When an object is right-clicked, a list of non-interactive commands relative to that object is displayed.
- Custom Command Manager - Associate your own custom commands with certain objects based on the object's type and attributes.
- Command Editor - A script of single or multiple OS/400 commands may be executed or saved to be ran at a later time.
- Object Filters - Object Filters return a list of objects for a given set of filter criteria. Filters appear in the tree on the main Surveyor/400 window either under a library or under the Database folder.
- Spooled File Manager - Fixed inability to move spooled files on V5R2.
- Spooled File Manager - Allow lower case characters in user data field.
- Spooled File Manager - Default *LIBL for an Output Queue library.
- Spooled File Export - Fix inability to browse IFS.
- Data Area Editor - Do not trim leading spaces.
- Object Search - Fixed Object Search hanging when launched by right-clicking a library in the tree.
- File Editor Filter - Fix field not being large enough to hold some binary numbers.
- File Editor - Fixed fields appearing to be cut off in position to feature.
- TN5250 - Fixed device combo box being empty when new system is added.
April 16, 2003
- File Editor - Fixed page up bug introduced in 2903.
April 14, 2003
- Database Audit Log - Added ability to record File Editor audit trails to a database file.
- Spooled File Export - Changed Filter Overprinting to allow a character to be printed on top of a blank character instead of excluding them.
- File Editor Filter - Added Is Blank and Not Blank.
- System Properties - Added version number of IFS jar files.
- Uppercase passwords - Do not store passwords as uppercase.
- Library List - Fixed bug when library list contains more than 100 libraries. Use Apply Server Patch to apply this fix.
- Stored Procedure - Fix bug when executing a stored procedure with no parameters.
- Import - When importing a delimited file, fill in missing columns with blank columns.
February 27, 2003
- Data Area Editor - Added ability to edit Data Areas via Fast Path and Object Search.
- User Access - Added security flag for editing Data Areas.
- Spooled File Export - Fixed overprinting bug when Filter overprinting selected. Only a portion of the spooled file was being exported.
- SQL Editor - Selecting from some files would cause SQL0913. Opening results sets differently fixed the problem.
- Help - Fix highlighted text being too dark when using search function.
January 28, 2003
- Security - Fix problem of Surveyor inadvertently saving password in the preferences.
- Spooled File Export - Added new darker fonts for PDF's.
- Spooled File Export - EXPSPL command - No longer need specification. Must have server version 2901. Use Apply Server Patch from the Help menu.
- Spooled File Export - Fix attribute problem on V5R2.
- Tree - Fixed problem of displaying bad file names when AS/400 naming and low detail selected. Problem only occurred in long file lists.
- Library List -- Accommodate V5R1's 250 library list maximum.
- Field Properties - Fix incorrect field information when sorting tables.
- File Editor - Fix problem with packed decimal fields that have no digits before the decimal place.
- File Editor - Fix find feature only working with *FIRST member.
- File Editor - Added ability to select members from the DBR member tab.
- Sorting - Sortable tables may now be sorted by single clicking a column heading.
- Spooled File Viewer - Fixed the Unload Page button not being visible when using 800 X 600.
- Display of DDS source - Some DDS source not justified correctly.
November 21, 2003
- Added AS400 commands to export database files and spooled files. Also there is a command to import a database file.
- Library list - No longer in alphabetical order.
- Library list - Added ability to re-order.
- Library list - Added ability to revert to Job Description's list.
- User Access - New users can now adopt *NEWUSR's library list.
- SQL long file and field names are better supported. The long names are now viewable everywhere. You can also type a long name in the Fast Path and File Search.
- Spooled File Manager - More filter criteria and information is available.
- Spooled File Export - Add ability to automatically calculate paper size for multi spooled file exports.
- Spooled File Export - Added more font sizes.
- Spooled File Export - Added ability to change margins.
- TN5250 - Add ability to choose CCSID.
- Wheel mouse is now supported.
- Improved file choosers.
- Field Properties - Includes buffer positions.
- SQL Editor - Fix new connection sometimes losing password.
- SQL Generator - Fix not all foreign keys appearing.
- File Editor - Improved error handling for server side errors.