(Note that this release only applies to an updated version of the Enterprise Console App (11.0.3) running on the iOS platform. The current version of Network Server Suite and Enterprise Console for Windows remains at 11.0.5. Please see below)
Mar 13, 2020
- iOS App: Alerts are periodically refreshed based on the new 'Alert Count' and 'Refresh Interval' properties.
- iOS App: This release supports both v10.3 and v11 of the Halcyon Enterprise Server application.
- iOS App: Special characters are now fully supported within comments.
Version 11.0.5 (PTF 11.0.2020.056)
Mar 05, 2020
- NSS Install/Upgrade: The installer has been modified to allow upgrades of the Enterprise Console 10.3 client.
- NSS Install/Upgrade: The installer will now abort during an upgrade and/or install if the SQL Server version is 2008 or earlier.
Version 11.0.5 (PTF 11.0.2020.042)
Feb 18, 2020
- Error handling during network outages has been improved in this release.
- Alerts now support UTC dates and times.
- The Android App now supports alert paging by way of the 'Load More' action.
- An issue with the installer running on SUSE Linux 64-bit platforms has been fixed.
- An SQL Injection vulnerability has been fixed in this release.
- Special characters are now fully supported within comments.
- Default values for all items in the Preferences section, such as Connection and Read Timeouts have been added.
- The number format of certain languages sometimes raised an error when the Enterprise Console client tried to connect to the Enterprise Server. This has now been fixed.
Version 11.0.4 (PTF 11.0.2020.031)
Feb 04, 2020
- New MQ Monitor templates for AIX and Linux have been made available in the Central Configuration Manager (CCM).
- An advanced filtering feature for closed alerts has been added within the Enterprise Console client.
- New alert archiving settings have been made available in Enterprise Server Options to manage closed and purged alerts. Alerts were previously written to an archive file, but now remain in the database. Periodic purging will take place depending on these settings.
- The Enterprise Console is now able to capture user statistics such as the number of alerts acknowledged, closed and replied to.
- Enterprise Console now captures alert statistics such as the number of minutes taken to close or reply to an alert.
- Alert text statistics, such as number of alerts by frequency of text message, are now being captured.
- A user can now search for alert within a panel by entering a partial match of text
- Enterprise Console layouts are now stored in the SQL database. Users wanting to import a layout from version 10.3 can do so from the Enterprise Console client. Any user can create a 'Private' layout which is only visible to them. 'Public' layouts are created by users with administration rights and these are available to all users.
- It is now possible to report on Enterprise Console archived alerts.
- An updated version of the 'Infor M3 Grid Monitoring' template has been made available within CCM.
- A new AIX VIOS template has been made available in the CCM.
- A new Source Type has been added to the Enterprise Console to recognize alerts received from the IBMi Log File Monitor.
- Customers can now use database names that are different to the Halcyon defaults. this enables the hosting of multiple installations of Network Server Suite on the same SQL Server instance.
- The ability to report on Enterprise Console alerts, such as Monthly Alert Summary by Platform, Top 10 Alerts, Alert Summary by Device Group and Alert Summary by Product, has been made available.
- 'Alert Selection' has been improved for each alert panel shown in the Enterprise Console client so you can, for example, filter alerts based on one or more conditions of Alert Type, Source Type and Alert Status.
- It is now possible to enter comments against closed alerts.
- The REST action now supports JSON.
- The REST action now allows use of both GET and PUT.
- Network Server Suite now includes an IMAP Monitor.
- Online product help is now available from within all Network Server Suite applications.
- CCM now includes an action that has the ability to Hold and Release rules from within a different Monitor.
- Windows agent TCP Monitor rules now include firewall proxy settings
- An SNMP Trap action for an IBMi alert now includes additional information such as the alert ID, Action ID, Alert severity and Rule information.
- In certain circumstances, monitoring steps on the Windows agent when settings get updated. This has been fixed.
- Processing large log files within the Windows Log File Monitor meant that Network Server Suite could become unresponsive. This has been fixed.
- The Windows agent would fail while refreshing some services. This has been fixed.
- The System Monitor would not raise alerts for an IBMi environment being completely down. This has been fixed.
- A fix has been applied so that forwarded alerts on a secondary Enterprise Console now have pending actions canceled when the alert is acknowledged on the primary Enterprise Console.
Version 11.0 (AIX and Linux Agents only. These are backward compatible with v10.3)
- A fix has been applied so that releasing a Linux Log File Rule no longer causes old entries to be processed.
- Data processing now gathers data for all collections as expected.
- Automatically suspending a rule 'Until Triggered x Times' now raises an alert as expected.
- A fix has been applied so that CPU and filesystem data is now correctly parsed on AIX devices when running under regional settings.
- A fix has been applied so that AIX agents can now be run as a subsystem.
- Installers now check for both the existence of a SUSE Firewall and also if it is running.
- NSS Managed Server (Linux - SUSE 11 on Power PPC - Big Endian) has been made available for download from the HelpSystems Community Portal.
- NSS Managed Server (Linux - SUSE 12 on Power PPC - Little Endian) has been made available for download from the HelpSystems Community Portal.
- System performance when saving rules within the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) has been improved.
- Windows agent Web Application and TCP/HTTP Monitor rules now include the ability to select the type of secure protocol used for authentication.
- Trap Receiver has been enhanced to allow the receiving of Traps from any "Community" not just "Public".
- Trap Receiver has been enhanced to be able to receive Traps from multiple NICs (network cards).
- A fix has been applied to stop the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) from returning an access violation error when applying templates on an agent device.
- Network Server Suite now includes an AIX template for Temenos T24, a core banking software system. This template is only available on a clean install or if the existing templates are deleted and re-imported.
- A fix has been applied to Central Configuration Manager (CCM) to remove the Performance Reports option from Device context menus.
- Linux rules now allow a CPU Load greater than 100% when totalling up across devices. For example, if a single device has multiple processors.
- A fix has been applied to Central Configuration Manager (CCM) Log File Monitor to list files when browsing on a remote device.
- A fix has been applied to Central Configuration Manager (CCM) so that the status bar progression displayed when saving information fro devices accurately reflects the progress of the save operation.
- A fix has been applied so that rule criteria is correctly resequenced in Central Configuration Manager (CCM).
- A fix has been applied so that when simultaneously saving to multiple devices in Central Configuration Manager (CCM), the dialog no longer returns to the top of the device list as each save action is completed.
- A fix has been applied so that saving a large number of rules within Central Configuration Manager (CCM) to a Windows agent device now completes as expected.
- A fix has been applied so that Central Configuration Manager (CCM) no longer collapses rule groups when the rules are saved.
- A fix has been applied so that applying a new license to a device from within Central Configuration Manager (CCM) no longer causes an access violation.
- Advanced Reporting (Data Warehouse), AIX and Windows templates are included in this release. These templates are only available on a clean install or if the existing templates are deleted and re-imported.
- AIX templates now include rules to monitor for defunct processes in the System Monitoring (Standard) template. These template rules are only available on a clean install or if the existing templates are deleted and re-imported.
- Rules for zombie processes are now included in the Linux 'Red Hat' System Monitoring (Standard) and SUSE System Monitoring (Standard) templates. These template rules are only available on a clean install or if the existing templates are deleted and re-imported.
- The Infor M3 Grid Monitoring templates for Windows have been updated in this release. These template rules are only available on a clean install or if the existing templates are deleted and re-imported.
- The Lawson Movex ServerView Monitoring templates for Windows have been updated in this release. These template rules are only available on a clean install or if the existing templates are deleted and re-imported.
- Within Central Configuration Manager (CCM) the 'Agent Intelligence' section has been re-titled 'Auto-Close Options'.
- A fix has been applied to prevent Enterprise Console causing an access violation following the reloading of devices after changing Device Groups within Device Manager.
- Enterprise Server Options - Actions, now include the ability to define which actions are cancelled (or not) when the service is restarted.
- Enterprise Console now allows you to close all the alerts within a Group by closing the Group.
- Enterprise Console has been updated to support Halcyon Custom Journal Monitor for IBM i.
- Enterprise Server Options includes a new user permission for 'Close Inquiry Alerts'. When set to 'No' the user is not allowed to close Inquiry Alerts from within the Console. This setting does not affect the ability to Acknowledge an Inquiry Alert or Replay to an Inquiry Alert.
- A fix has been applied so that the alert background continues to flash, where set, when the panel containing the alert is resized.
- A fix has been applied so that it is possible to copy the text from within the Enterprise Console alert.
- A fix has been applied so that Enterprise Console now displays the correct titles for IBM i device information.
- Enterprise Console now stores 'Layouts' in folder: C:\Users\All Users\Halcyon\Enterprise Console\Layouts. During upgrade, the installer only copies layout files of the current user. All other users must manually copy the layout files to the new folder path.
- A fix has been applied so that Enterprise Console removes CLOSED alerts when the service is restarted.
- Enterprise Console is now capable of displaying IBM i Cache Battery information for suitably equipped IBM i devices.
- A fix has been applied so that Instant Alert now processes the correct number of times that a message is to be sent.
- A fix has been applied so that the Network Server Suite migration tool imports Enterprise Console Users and Central Configuration Manager (CCM) templates.
- A fix has been applied to Enterprise Server Options so that a copied rule can now be pasted.
- A fix has been applied to Enterprise Server Options so that rules are shown in the correct sequence order following editing.
- Web Application Monitor now includes substitution variables for Date and Time.
- A fix has been applied so that a Rest Command action on a Windows agent rule no longer fails if there is a problem with the security certificate on the server.
- The Windows agent File / Folder count has been fixed in this release.
- The Windows agent HTTP Monitor has been enhanced to provide the ability to check the returned HTTP Status Code.
- The Windows agent HTTP Monitor has been enhanced to support TLS authentication.
- A fix has been applied to Windows agent HTTP Monitor so that alerts which include a username no longer have the value encrypted.
- The Windows agent Log File Monitor now allows you to define whether a linefeed character is required at the end of a line before it is processed.
- A fix has been applied to the Windows agent Log File Monitor so that all entries are included in log files when multiple log files have been created between check intervals.
- A fix has been applied so that a memory leak within the Windows agent Server Manager service has been removed.
- A fix has been applied to the Windows agent Service Monitor so that alerts are raised for a service in 'stopping' status.
- A fix has been applied to the Web Application Monitor so that the 'Use Results From Previous Criteria' option works as intended.
- A fix has been applied so that Windows Agent WMI rules reset counters if the instance that created an alert no longer exists.
Archived Release Notes
Please check the following archive files for Network Server Suite release information prior to 2015.