Learn more about Secure Mail by visiting https://www.goanywhere.com/managed-file-transfer/collaboration/secure-mail.
August 12, 2020
Added the option to send the HTML version of a message to maintain formatting.
Added support for SMS Country Code masks that contain a question mark to allow for variable length phone numbers.
Improved the usability of the input field for SMS phone numbers.
Improved the validation of the URL when registering with the server.
Improved the user experience when closing dialogs from the Taskbar.
Improved the documentation to better explain slow startup issues and how to prevent the GoAnywhere Outlook Plugin from being automatically disabled.
Updated the prerequisite requirement of the .NET Framework to version 4.6.1 or later.
Fixed an issue that prevented the Attach File button from working in Outlook 2013.
June 24, 2020
- Added the Secure Mail section to the Message ribbon when composing an in-line message in Outlook.
- Added the option to Send Secure Mail or Request Files from the Outlook New Items menu.
- Updated the user interface with new message dialogs and multiple improvements to the user experience.
- Improved start up speed of the plugin by offloading the initialization work to a background thread.
- Improved the accuracy of the Show Progress window.
- Improved the logging to help identify future issues.
- Improved the handling of errors that occur when the Web User is disabled.
- Improved when the user is notified that they've reached their limit on the number of attachments allowed on the package.
- Fixed an issue when running on non-English versions of Windows.
- Fixed issues that could happen when resending a failed message from the Secure Mail Outbox.
May 20, 2020
Overhauled the user interface to be more modern and to match the overall GoAnywhere design.
New authentication scheme that is safer and prevents Web Users from being accidentally disabled.
Existing users will be migrated to the new authentication scheme when first connecting to a server that supports it.
This allows for the support of single sign-on and multi-factor authentication when registering the plugin.
The plugin will prompt the user to reauthenticate their Web User when determined by administrator settings on the server.
Added the ability to use SMS Text Messages to notify Secure Mail package recipients of the password.
Improved the use of Outlook's CC and BCC address fields to add CC and BCC recipients to the Secure Mail package.
Improved the tracking of uploading attachments for the Show Progress window when the attachment limit had been reached.
Improved the signing process for the plugin to use a stronger algorithm and add timestamp information.
December 17, 2018
- Removed the installer dependency on the .NET 3.5 framework.
- Fixed a minor spacing issue on the Request Files dialog.
November 29, 2018
- Added the ability to request files from recipients. This new option will send a unique link to recipients requiring files to be uploaded and returned to the requester.
- Removed duplicate files inside the installer that could cause mismatched hash values when validating the install.
- Improved the transition of UI windows and error dialogs during the login process.
- Improved how often a warning message will appear when starting Outlook after an interrupted attempt to send Secure Mail.
- Improved the uninstaller so the plugin is completely removed after uninstall.
March 22, 2018
- Added a new feature to prompt the user for Secure Mail settings before sending a message.
- Fixed the signature on the plugin so the Publisher can be verified correctly.
- Improved error handling when the number of attachments exceeds the limit defined by the server.
- Enhanced the installer to better handle a custom install directory and updating of the user.config file.
- Fixed some minor UI issues.
December 8, 2017
- Added the ability to select multiple files and folders and then attach them as a single Zip file on the Secure Mail message.
October, 13, 2017
- Rebranded the Outlook Plugin as a HelpSystems product.
November 17, 2016
- Added the ability to use Windows Authentication for Single Sign-On which eliminates the need for password updates in the GoAnywhere Outlook Plugin when a user's network password changes.
- Fixed an issue where the "Allow Reply" setting was not properly saved in all cases.
- Fixed a rare issue where a COM exception could occur when sending Secure Mail messages from certain versions of Outlook and Windows.
July 12, 2016
- Fixed an issue with file attachments in Outlook that occurs when the recipient is using an email client on MAC OS X.
June 30, 2016
- Fixed an issue with attaching files that was caused by a path resolution failure in certain environments.
April 14, 2016
- Added the ability to attach content from external sources such as 'Send To' from Windows Explorer. This feature works for attachments that do not exceed Outlook's size limit.
January 21, 2016
- Added support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 when connecting to your GoAnywhere server from the GoAnywhere Outlook Plugin.
- Fixed a certificate issue where certain deployments of the plugin may display an unknown publisher when running the plugin for the first time.
December 18, 2014
- Fixed an issue where clicking "Send" on a message could potentially prompt to send via SecureMail for every draft currently open in Outlook.
- Fixed references to allow deployment of the plugin folder to other locations for certain enterprise applications.
January 21, 2014
- Added the ability to pass the connection URL and User ID as parameters to the silent installer.
- Added support to send Secure Mail using the new Certified Delivery protection level that was introduced in GoAnywhere Services version 3.4.0.
- Users can now allow recipients to reply to Secure Mail messages.
- Added a prompt to display the package password to the sender when the password is automatically generated and not sent to the recipient in email.
- Fixed an issue where clicking send with multiple compose windows open could send the wrong email.
- Improved session handling when the user is denied access to Secure Mail.
- Removed the 'Send me a copy' option.
June 10, 2013
- Enhanced the way parameters are sent to the server by URL encoding the values.
December 17, 2012
- Added support for the new Outlook policy settings that were added in GoAnywhere Services 3.1.0. The settings on the Attachments tab in the Outlook plugin are now defaulted and/or enforced by Secure Mail administrators.
- Enhanced the validation and storing of user settings by trimming the User ID and URL.
November 1, 2012
- Removed schema validation on XML configurations that was causing requests to be made to the internet which was not needed.
July 11, 2012
Created a plugin for Microsoft Outlook 2010 to send Secure Mail. The plugin can be used with GoAnywhere Services 2.8.0 and higher. The following features are available in the plugin:
- Configuration options are restricted to the Secure Mail Settings defined in GoAnywhere Services.
- File attachments that normally exceed the allowed attachment size can be sent from Outlook.
- Messages can be sent using Secure Mail when the regular Send button in Outlook is clicked (based on configuration rules).
- The progress of uploads can be monitored.
- Provides a graceful shutdown of Outlook when messages are still being uploaded.
- A Secure Mail Outbox folder is created which stores all messages that are currently being uploaded to GoAnywhere Services.
- After messages are submitted to GoAnywhere Services, a receipt is returned and stored in the Outlook Sent Items folder.
- All activity from the Outlook plugin is logged in the GoAnywhere Services HTTPS audit logs.