Learn more about GoDrive by visiting https://www.goanywhere.com/managed-file-transfer/collaboration/godrive.
April 21, 2020
- Added a new feature to navigate directly to a folder path within the Web User's Secure Folders.
- Added a timestamp to notifications for GoDrive events.
- Added the ability to enabled or disable Windows Authentication for existing device accounts.
- Upgraded the internal storage used for GoDrive data to support newer and stronger cryptography.
- Improved the cleanup process for accounts that don't complete the registration process.
- Improved the startup process when there are multiple accounts.
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the device would continuously try to authenticate when the Web User was disabled.
May 23, 2019
- Reimplemented the automatic account registration from the command line installer.
- Improved the registration process so it doesn't require elevated permissions on the local system.
- Improved the Transfer Activity to allow for opening or navigating directly to downloaded files.
- Added uploading of folders from the Upload button.
- Improved how the multi-select of files and folders works.
- Updated the default download directory to a GoAnywhere folder in the user's Downloads directory.
- Updated the default log level to INFO instead of DEBUG.
- Multiple user interface and stability improvements.
April 24, 2019
- Rebranded GoDrive for Windows as GoAnywhere Desktop Client.
- Overhauled the user interface to be more modern and to match the look and feel of the Web Client.
- Added support for devices to work with the Web User's Secure Folders. The new desktop client provides the following Secure Folder features:
- Listing the Secure Folders file system with file size and last modified date information.
- Upload and Download support of folders with persistent folder structure.
- Drag and drop from Windows Explorer to the GoAnywhere Desktop Client to upload files and folders.
- Renaming of files or folders.
- Drag and drop within the application to move files and folders.
- Deleting files and folders.
- Multiselect files and folders to perform mass delete, move, or download actions.
- Creating new folders.
- Breadcrumb style navigation to show current folder path and navigate to parent folders.
- Transfer Activity to view status of uploads and downloads.
- Local settings to define the default download folder and the default behavior when uploading a file that already exists.
- New authentication scheme that is safer and prevents Web Users from being accidentally disabled.
- Existing accounts will be automatically migrated to the new authentication scheme when first connecting to a server that supports it.
- This allows for the support of single sign-on and multi-factor authentication when registering a device.
- Device will prompt the user to reauthenticate their Web User when determined by administrator settings on the server.
- Added the option to Activate GoDrive for a newly registered device instead of automatically downloading data.
November 1, 2018
- Upgraded the type of file system mount used by GoDrive to avoid issues if legacy mounts are disabled.
- Fixed multiple issues related to Microsoft Office documents being corrupt, leaving behind temporary files, or causing GoDrive to go into Read Only mode.
- Fixed an issue where conflicting folder names could cause GoDrive to go into Read Only mode.
- Fixed an issue where changing a user’s permission to a shared file/folder could cause GoDrive to go into Read Only mode in specific scenarios.
May 22, 2018
- Fixed an issue where editing Microsoft Office documents would result in a conflict file instead of a new revision.
April 13, 2018
- Updated the uninstall process to notify the server that the device has been deactivated.
- Improved the stability of the Activity window.
- Improved the responsiveness of GoDrive when there is a lot of activity.
- Updated the validation when changing the account password.
- Modified the registration process so the URL is persisted when using the Back button.
- Improved the error handling when attempting to mount the drive to a drive letter that is already taken.
February 19, 2018
- Added a new feature to allow an account to not start automatically when the application starts.
- Changed the scroll bar on the list of accounts in the Manage Accounts window so it only shows up when needed.
- Improved validation during the registration process.
- Fixed an application crash that would occur when stopping an account while transferring a file.
- Fixed an application crash that would occur when clearing account activity while the account is syncing.
October 13, 2017
- Rebranded GoDrive for Windows as a HelpSystems product.
- Increased the account User Name field length from 20 to 64 characters.
February 21, 2017
- Added the ability to pass connection settings as parameters to the silent installer.
November 17, 2016
- Added the ability to use Windows Authentication for Single Sign-On which eliminates the need for password updates in the GoDrive for Windows client when a user's network password changes.
May 24, 2016
- Upgraded the Callback File System to version 5.1.164 which addresses an occasional mount media issue on Windows 10.
- Added an ability to clear recent activity messages from context menu.
- Added an ability to automatically recover from a corrupt file storage
- Added missing "About" window which is a quick way to find application version and copyright information.
- Improved notification messages and toast messages for Windows 10.
- Improved user input validation
December 21, 2015
- Fixed a memory leak that could potentially lead to application crashes due to "Out of Memory" errors when syncing a large number of files.
December 7, 2015
- Enhanced the UI to provide a more unified look and feel of GoDrive clients across all platforms.
- Added a new unified notification window to allow more information to be displayed for sync actions and interactive context for those actions.
- Added transfer progress notification for files synced between the GoAnywhere MFT Server and GoDrive Client.
- Added file type icons for each known type in the notification window.
- Enhanced the file sync messages to allow a file or folder to be opened from the notification window.
- Enhanced the Share Invitation notification to display the file being shared, the person sharing the file, and the date the file was shared.
- Enhanced the auto-reconnect process when connection to the server is lost.
- Enhanced the Manage Accounts window to be more informative and allow managing all accounts from a single window.
- Added a permission check on move/rename actions prior to notifying the server.
- Added process to clean up roles associated with an account when that account is removed.
- Fixed an issue with the installer that could prevent the Callback File System (CBFS) drivers from being updated.
October 22, 2015
- Fixed an issue where the file size and end of file was not being updated appropriately when editing files locally.
September 1, 2015
- Created an exclusion list to better handle certain file types that might cache a lot of temporary data to the GoDrive folder.
- Added support for TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
April 7, 2015
- When deleting files/folders remotely, entries would not be removed correctly from client DB.
- Resolved an issue when folder is deleted and created with the same name while client is paused.
- Re-ordered event handling to ensure that move operations are handled at the correct time in relation to other remote actions.
January 30, 2015
- Improved security when multiple users share the same PC.
January 22, 2015
- Better error handling to allow continuous file synching.
- Improved start up efficiency after large amounts of local changes.
- Fixed an issue with the application icon when running on Windows Vista.
- Replaced a cryptic error message with a more meaningful one.
January 14, 2015
- Initial release.