- Exporting searching results to Excel and CSV will now export all of the results, not just the current page.
- The search results will now sort on insert date when searching only on document type, and/or folder.
- Fixed the users page so it doesn’t constantly refresh when using Internet Explorer.
- Fixed an issue when searching for multiple words, or phrase via the REST API.
- Document history list is now sortable.
- Added the ability to view any document version in the document viewer (where document format is supported).
- Added the ability to print supported documents via the document viewer.
- Added the ability to resize the folder panel on the Document tab.
- Added the ability to optionally specify a sort field and direction when posting a search request via the REST API.
- Added the ability to search for text in a supported document inside the document viewer.
- Added the ability to resize the routing approval panel on the Workflow Document Review page.
- License checks will no longer fail if there are multiple hardware devices with invalid IDs present on the server.
- Fixed an issue where posting a new document via the REST API with an undefined key for the Document Type produced an error.
- Fixed a character length limitation on the SMTP Server Address settings field.
- User will now be required to have Add Notes permission to add or delete notes.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Miscellaneous security fixes.
- Orphaned documents list is now sort-able.
- Date and time now displays in document lists.
- Added the ability to filter the list on the Users page.
- Checked-Out documents list is now sort-able.
- Route and step names now display in user inboxes.
- Added the ability to force secure connections to the database server in the web.config.
- Fixed an issue to correctly return a user to their search results after clicking cancel from other pages.
- Added the ability to have a blank (non-selected) value with list only fields.
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users were unable to see the expiration date for a document.
- Miscellaneous Security fixes.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue where annotations were disabled when opening a document in a new browser tab.
- Fixed and issue that caused exporting to Excel or CSV to not work properly.
- Document expiration date is now properly set when 0 is specified for the Document Type.
- Fixed an issue that caused a connection to the internet to be required during installation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused users to appear twice when editing group membership.
- Added more paging information on the user list within the application administration.
- The installer generates verbose logging by default and will package the logs in a way that that can then be viewed or sent to support more easily in case of issues.
- User credential security has been enhanced to use an updated technology.
- A new endpoint is available from the REST API that allows a document to be removed from a workflow process that is in progress.
- Restoring a deleted document generates a new activity in the audit log.
- Adding a new document note generates a new activity in the audit log.
- Fixed an issue where returning a document on a workflow step that contains multiple users was not successful.
- Document list column preferences are now correctly saved when the same user logs out and back in.
- Fixed an issue where moving documents between folders via the REST API didn't reindex the document information so the document was no longer visible from the UI.
- Updated several error messages to be more user-friendly.
- Several web application cookies have been modified for additional security.
- Viewing the routing history of a document that is actively on a workflow now includes more information related to the document's route history.
- The URL search page now displays column heading labels per document type if a document type filter is requested.
- The web application debug log is now visible and downloadable to Webdocs administrators within the "Settings" area of the web UI.
- Sorting documents in a user inbox now sorts across all pages of inbox results instead of just the currently visible documents.
- Clicking on a high priority document in a user inbox no longer goes to a 404 error page.
- A user's active status can now be set via the "Update User" REST endpoint.
- The performance of document indexing when full text search is active is greatly increased and processed separately from the standard key indexing.
- The criteria panel on the search page is now resizable and will remember the user's preference.
- The delay on key indexing has been removed so documents will show up in folders and searches more immediately.
- A link to the REST API documentation is now available to administrator users in the profile menu.
- The document result count per folder and document type now displays in the search criteria panel after performing a search.
- A document's Insert Date has been added to the document General Information display.
- The minimum version of the .NET Framework is now 4.7.1.
- The document approval interface now allows selecting predefined values for document fields that are configured for its document type.
- Webdocs users will now see direct links to the document approval interface for a document when browsing a document's details and the document is on a route step they are assigned to.
- An option to specify a secure connection to SQL Server has been added to the product installer.
- A document's assigned folder has been added to the document approval interface.
- Webdocs user IDs can now begin with numbers.
- The performance of requesting a very large list of Webdocs folders from the REST API is improved.
- License checks will no longer fail if there are multiple hardware devices with invalid IDs present on the server.
- Expiration dates on documents are now set correctly during a new check in from the web interface.
- Database scripts for updates no longer execute if the database feature is not selected during the upgrade installation process.
- Refresh tokens for the same user and client but different applications are now allowed to coexist.
- A user can now be assigned a role that allows authentication from the iForms web administration UI.
- A visual status indicator is now displayed when an upload is in progress from the web UI.
- Document links can now be copied directly from the list of search results.
- The default page size on search results has been increased to 50.
- The default exit point code template is now included in the application installation directory.
- The folder list on the "Move document" page correctly sorts by folder name.
- Fixed an issue where self-registered users were marked inactive upon creation.
- New users cannot be created if the default group is missing from the system.
- The list of routes available when assigning a document to a route is correctly sorted by route name.
- An error no longer occurs when admin user clears a checkout status via the REST API.
- An error no longer occurs when extracting key/value data from some PDFs.
- Some documents that have errors checking in to Webdocs will now correctly follow after-processing rules.
- Status messages are now returned after a document is advanced from the REST API if the document has completed a route.
- Added the ability to copy the document link url to the user's clipboard via the link dialog box.
- Full folder path now displays on document details page.
- Routed documents can now be cleared after being returned at a step.
- Certain special characters such as < and > are now able to be entered and updated as document index key values.
- The Windows service no longer consumes a lot of CPU resources when in an idle state.
- Routed documents can now be cleared after being returned at a step from the REST API.
- The full text indexing no longer contains a potential memory leak when processing certain rasterized PDF documents.
- Fixed an issue where document downloads could result in a 0 byte file being downloaded to a user's system.
- Added new resources to the RESTful service to control routing document actions such as approving and rejecting documents waiting for approval
- Advancing a document on a specific route at any route step
- Advancing a document from a specific route step
- Retrieving the list of route steps that a routed document can be returned to
- Retrieving the list of route steps that a routed document can be approved to
- Deleting a user will now also remove them from any route steps that they were assigned to
- Deleting a route will now also remove route steps related to that route
- Documents assigned to a route can no longer be deleted from WebDocs until they have been removed from the route
- Performing OCR on certain PDF files no longer cause an error and stop the indexing service
- Web document viewer performs default font substitution when rendering a DOCX file if a font within the document cannot be found on the system
- Web document viewer no longer renders black rectangles around hyperlinks contained within a DOCX file
- Significant technology refresh that provides the following major updates
- Improved overall web application performance including searching and browsing folders
- Improved search indexing performance and reduced index size
- Significantly reduced database memory usage
- Updated in-browser viewer to improve performance and document rendering quality especially related to Microsoft Word documents
- Fixed several issues when searching with special characters in the search criteria
- Fixed an issue with transferring documents between routes also advancing the document at the current step
- Fixed an issue with the search indexer after critical errors during processing
- Fixed an issue with searching via the REST API where the query term order produced different results
- Fixed an issue causing downloads from the “Quick Actions” download button to take a long time or fail
- Fixed an issue causing poor performance when loading document lists while browsing folders
- Fixed an issue with notifications being sent when adding a document via DeliverNow or other client tools
- Fixed an issue with an email activity not being logged in the document history
- Fixed several issues related to in-browser email rendering
- Fixed an issue with loading large documents into the in-browser viewer
- Fixed an issue with an error displaying in the browser when trying to send an email from a list of search results
- Fixed an issue with cached search results not being cleared out properly
- Fixed unnecessary activity records from being created when viewing a document or its details
- Fixed an issue with documents being completely reloaded too often within the in-browser viewer
- Fixed an issue with documents showing up multiple times in a user inbox
- Fixed an issue with the search index background process getting suspended when server connections were lost
- Fixed an issue with links to WebForms documents from the user inbox
- Fixed an issue when authenticating users via the RESTful API when the user is configured to use LDAP authentication.
- Significantly improved performance of the search indexing resulting in faster index rebuilds and quicker appearance of document results for newly added documents.
- Fixed an issue with the “Contains” search type behaving as a “Starts With” instead
- Fixed an issue with the “Title” column not being selectable by users to set show or hide preferences
- Fixed an issue with the REST API where it would fail to remove checkout status after a checkin
- Fixed an issue with the REST API where retrieving the checkout status failed
- Fixed an issue with the search index failing to process
- Added a compatibility setting for LDAP authentication against Novell’s eDirectory server
- Improved performance and SQL memory usage when utilizing the search functions
- Browser cookies for user UI preferences are now always set to HTTPS-only when running under HTTPS
- In-browser Viewing with support for PDF, DOCX, TIF, JPG, and PNG files.
- Add annotations using highlighter, rubber stamps, text boxes, sticky notes and more.
- Fixed issue when executing a URL Search in WDW, the results list contains bad "View" icons.
- Fixed issue where customer was unable to delete a document.
- Fixed issue where WebDocs Search Results, Date Added sort, doesn't work properly. The values are treated as strings instead of dates.
- Fixed issue where date and version is reversed in WD 1.8.5.
- Fixed issue where user was unable to delete a document from the Search screen.
Some of the images and tables, which are embedded in any .docx files might not be viewable through In-browser viewing feature, but can be viewed through native Microsoft Word Application. HelpSystems is aware of this issue and it will addressed through upcoming releases.
- Fixed issue with incorrect user name being logged in the document history log during the routing process.
- Fixed issue with advancing/advanced/completed exit points not executing during the route process
- Fixed an issue viewing old versions of WebForms saved to WebDocs.
- Fixed an issue opening WebForms in a new tab from the document details page.
- Fixed an issue exporting the complete list of search results instead of just one page
- Fixed document upload page so that a document cannot be uploaded without a document type selected.
- Fixed issue with routing exit points not getting triggered from the WebDocs interface.
- Fixed issue with adjusting expirations for documents already active on routes after upgrading.
- Fixed search result headings being out of order
- Fixed document audit log loading performance
- Fixed an issue with adding notes via routing approval not being assigned to the correct group security
- Fixed the installer to prompt user to verify the SQL Server credentials during upgrades to avoid connection issues
- Fixed an issue with loading saved search results retrieved from WebDocs Windows into Imaging Client
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances if a file cannot be saved to the WebDocs storage location that the new document metadata is not cleaned up
- Fixed missing move and delete action buttons
- Fixed document version history showing the user’s key instead of full name
- Fixed issue with route notifications only going to one user if multiple users are assigned to the step
- Fixed a display issue with the licensed user count if a user count is not limited
- Fixed missing file type icons for download buttons for certain file types
- Fixed missing headers in CSV export of search results list
- Fixed connection timeout when loading extremely large numbers of folders into the UI
- Added the ability to extract text from rasterized PDFs
- Removed dependency on IFilters for file text extraction
- Added the User Defined Field labels for the search results list
- Fixed missing "view document" icon within the routing inbox
- Fixed missing icon for download buttons on TIF documents
- Fixed a navigation issue when going back and forth from the routing inbox to document details
- Fixed an occasional issue with text extraction from DOCX files
- Fixed document lists missing "Export to Excel" and "Export to CSV" buttons
- Fixed an incorrect installer dependency on .NET from 4.5 to 4.5.2
- Added a fully integrated RESTful API to allow powerful customization, management, and integration
- Covers all core functionality of Webdocs including, but not limited to:
- Document types
- Provides many options to work with specific features including data retrieval, updates, and deletes
- Covers all core functionality of Webdocs including, but not limited to:
- Added interactive documentation for the RESTful API to explore and test with no code required
- Refreshed the web user interface to provide a modern look and feel
- Streamlined the installation process to simplify new and updated installations
- New license management for consistency with other HelpSystems products
- Added new options to configure secure connections over SMTP for email functionality
- Added processing of expired routed documents
- Fixed an issue with conversion of the filesystem locations
- Added options to download documents and transfer routes from the mobile route details UI
- Re-added document title to advanced search field selection list
- Added placeholder to search criteria field
- Fixed an issue with searching orphaned documents from the webservice
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances updating a document's folder wouldn't update the corresponding search index
- Removed "No Document Type" from the web UI upload page since a document type must always be selected
- Brand new search engine and user interface
- One consolidated UI instead of separate basic, key, and full text UIs
- More powerful textual and contextual search engine
- Faceted-type search filters
- Filter results by any combination of one or many folders, document types, or index fields
- Sorting over entire result list and all visible columns
- Improvements to document storage organization and filesystem performance
- Improved notifications for document routing events
- Users can now check in revisions to documents with different file types
- Users can now edit document details when reviewing a routed document if the step definition allows it
- Fixed an issue with being unable to add a UNC storage location via the web UI
- Fixed an issue with being unable to add a custom application name containing a space
- Fixed an issue with being unable to add or remove users from the group membership list via the web UI
- Fixed an issue with the built-in interface to Enterprise Workflow when using LDAP authentication
- Fixed an issue in the mobile interface when approving a routed document in a user inbox where the available next steps do not show up which prevented advancing the document
- Added an entirely new authentication framework to better support a wide variety of configuration requirements
- Expanded authentication provider compatibility to support an unlimited number of LDAPv3-compliant servers rather than being limited to either WebDocs database authentication or a single Microsoft Active Directory server.
- Added the ability to connect to LDAP providers over SSL/TLS
Please contact RJS Support if you have customized code integration around Webdocs or use LDAP authentication prior to upgrading to 1.6.0.
- Download link on document details page within the mobile interface now works as intended
- Selecting "Back" from search results within the mobile interface now correctly returns to the search results
- The search results list within the mobile interface displays the correct document type instead of "** INVALID DOCTYPE **"
- Key search criteria that contain apostrophes no longer trigger no results.
- Improved performance when retrieving document type fields via the webservice.
- Repeated error message in the event log related to a method LastSearchResultsAsXML no longer occurs.
- Expiration date on document details page no longer displays as a full datetime which fails validation and prevents saving the document details.
- Added more robust validation to editable text fields to ensure formatting and invalid character filtering.
- Added options to the Orphaned Documents interface to restore single, multiple selected, and all orphaned documents to their original folders or select a new folder.
- Added the ability to assign a new user to groups during the user creation process.
- Added options to test the connections to Enterprise Workflow and/or WebForms integration settings.
- It's no longer possible to enter an invalid date in a document's Expiration Date field from the web interface.
- Searches on the Basic Search screen no longer allow search criteria consisting only of whitespace to trigger the search.
- Deleting an existing login message no longer leaves behind an irremovable line break causing a blank message to show up.
- Opening a WebForm from the mobile interface no longer tries to download the file instead of sending it to WebForms for rendering.
- "Select All" checkboxes on grids no longer show if no grid items are allowed to be selected
- Added additional warning if the user tries to delete a document from the document details page
- Added warning message in the administration pages if the licensed user count is reached.
- Validation error message text is now black to provide better contrast and readability
- Added a visual indicator on the "Review Routing Document" page to identify when a user has added a note to the route document but the note has not been committed yet
- Route designer now warns the user if they have made changes to a route definition when they try to close the route designer but have not saved the changes yet
- The upload document page now keeps field values that the user has typed in if the user changes the document type after entering any values
- Adding a document to a route now prevents submission if no routes have been selected
- Generated passwords via the "Forgot Password" feature no longer fail in some circumstances
- Various route designer crashes
- Route designer limits the route title field to the correct maximum length
- Route designer limits the route step field to the correct maximum length
- Route name tags on the route selection page correctly display the missing "X" icon where the user can click to remove the tag
- Key search no longer allows a date range with the second date earlier than the first date
- Document notes can no longer be added if the user is not assigned to any group
- Changing a document index key value no longer reverts the assigned document type under certain circumstances
- Opening EML files from certain links no longer leads to a blank page
- Field validation on certain fields in the document details page correctly trigger
- Transferring a route document to a different route no longer ends at a blank page
- Text search now correctly filters searches by the selected document type
- Pressing the ENTER key on the text search page no longer pops up an error message to the user
- The new note field on the document checkin page limits the field to the correct maximum length
- Email body content preserves line breaks
- Predefined document type value lists no longer allow blank values
- Various typos and terminology fixes in the web interface
- Various missing tooltips have now been found
- The WebDocs Route Designer now uses the webservice API and can be installed separately from the server installation.
- Added additional APIs to the webservice related to document routing
- Added paging to routing inbox list to alleviate slow load times with inboxes that have 400+ items waiting for approval
- Fixed an issue logging in with the temporary generated password after a password reset
- Fixed an issue with paging being off by one document on the folder document lists
- Unspecified errors no longer show up in the event log when loading the permissions configuration pages
- Download indicator on the "Quick Download" link in the document grids correctly resets in IE8
- Changes made to the "Allow Transfer" checkbox option in the route designer correctly persist
- Plus many other miscellaneous fixes
- Fix: The base installer is no longer missing one file that gets installed to the system directory
- Fix: Page navigation after sending an email via the search interfaces redirects more appropriately
- Fix: Clicking the quick-download button for a document result on the basic search correctly triggers the download
- Fix: Users with custom user filters are no longer blocked from certain document permissions (i.e. email) regardless of the permissions configuration in the administration
- Compatibility: Fully tested on Windows Server 2012
- Enhancement: Exposed additional methods via the webservice
- Enhancement: Multiple users can now be assigned to a routing step
- Enhancement: Exit points have been added to some of the routing events
- Enhancement: Added the ability to create custom messages per group that are displayed to the user upon login
- Enhancement: Added the ability for users to change their own passwords
- Enhancement: Added the ability for administrators to force all or individual users to change their password on the next login
- Fix: Clicking the "Add Criteria" button on the key search interface no longer creates a blank row
- Fix: Changing the default page size on the basic search interface correctly re-selects the chosen default once the page reloads
- Fix: After performing a search on the key search interface, if a folder filter was selected that selection correctly gets re-selected once the search results return
- Fix: Route step users no longer get an extra email notification on document acceptance
- Fix: Corrected an issue where route activity logging was using the wrong route titles when displayed
- Fix: User defined fields now correctly show up consistently on document list grids
- Fix: Improved stability of the webservice under heavy loads
- Fix: Numerous other inconsistencies and fixes with the web interface have been corrected
- Fix: WebForms documents now consistently open in new windows instead of a combination of new windows and within the WebDocs content panel.
- Enhancement: Replaced existing mobile interface with an all new mobile interface written from the ground up
- Enhancement: Exposed customizable extension framework for the Windows service
- Enhancement: Exposed document type key on the edit document type interface
- Enhancement: Added new webservice API for updating an existing document's metadata
- Enhancement: Added custom user and global level name templates for authentication against non-Active Directory LDAP servers
- Change: Removed "View Group" button from the edit user interface when the user being edited is an administrator
- Change: Added cancel button to email interface for additional navigation options
- Fix: Additional constraints on new user creation to prevent possible users with duplicate login names
- Fix: "Select All" checkboxes on the search interfaces correctly toggle
- Fix: Orphaned document counts greater than 10 are now correctly displayed
- Fix: Orphaned documents no longer show up in search results for non-administrator users
- Enhancement: Major performance improvements all around
- Enhancement: SQL Server 2012 compatible
- Enhancement: Added ability to have the interface highlight specific rows with specified terms in the users' route inboxes
- Enhancement: Added sortability based on timestamp on user routing inboxes
- Enhancement: Display of document notes is cleaner, hides most HTML characters that result from copying/pasting from other applications
- Enhancement: Added visual cue to storage location screen to indicate whether the location is accessible and can read/write document files.
- Enhancement: Added the name of the user that has a document checked out on the document details screen
- Enhancement: Added the name of the user that is currently logged in to WebDocs in the application header
- Enhancement: Added visual cue on the document list pages to indicate when the document has notes saved to it.
- Enhancement: Document lists and details pages now show a descriptive tooltip when clicking the view/download button if the file is inaccessible on the server, i.e. if a network drive is unmapped or moved
- Enhancement: Added visual cue on document list pages to indicate which document was selected to be downloaded
- Enhancement: Added reviewer name to routing step option dropdown
- Enhancement: Added MSG support to in-browser viewer
- Enhancement: Added full text reset option to web interface
- Enhancement: (ROUTE DESIGNER) Exposed route key in the designer interface to allow administrators to find the key without going into the database
- Fix: Corrected issue with pasting large amounts of HTML into a note field
- Fix: Cache the folders to speed up browsing
- Fix: Restoring from orphaned documents correctly removes the document from deleted status instead of only moving it to its new folder
- Fix: Re-enabled AspCompat setting on page compilation to more efficiently handle the STA API
- Fix: Fixed URL generation for WebForms documents
- Fix: Fixed WebForms documents opening in new window
- Installer: Added PDF IFilter as optional download during installation to allow full text indexing on PDF files
- Enhancement: Added sorting and paging to user administration list
- Enhancement: Added direct integration with RJS WebForms documents
- Enhancement: Added toggleable panel layouts to search pages
- Enhancement: New login page graphics and layout
- Enhancement: Updated email interface to list "attached" WebDocs documents that were passed in and allow toggling individual attachments
- Enhancement: Sortable columns on document routing inbox
- Enhancement: Added all index keys as displayable on document routing inbox
- Enhancement: Emailing multiple selected documents now attaches all documents to one email instead of sending them separately
- Enhancement: Search result limited to prevent users doing generic all search that returns potentially millions of documents
- Enhancement: Added custom event log named "WebDocs Windows" where all event log entries for the application will be output instead of the generic Application event log
- Enhancement: Added ability to display a custom message on the user dashboard in addition to the custom login message
- Enhancement: Converted text entry for login and dashboard messages to use WYSIWYG editor to allow for more extensive formatting without HTML knowledge
- Enhancement: Added sortability to all columns in the Enterprise Workflow integration interface
- Enhancement: Added action interface buttons to the Enterprise Workflow integration workpiece list page to allow quick advancement of workpieces
- Enhancement: (SERVICE) Exposed new API to retrieve a user's last search results in XML format
- Fix: Removed two messages repeatedly being written to the system event log by the core API
- Fix: Authentication when using integration to external apps using LDAP
- Fix: Document type dropdown lists on search interfaces now correctly use only the VIEW permission to determine the list of doctypes
- Fix: Document type dropdown lists on upload interfaces now correctly use only the CHECKIN/INSERT permission to determine the list of doctypes
- Fix: Autorefresh issue on Enterprise Workflow integration that was not updating the workbasket item count
- Fix: Predefined key values by document type no longer aggregate all values for a document type together
- Fix: (SERVICE) Corrected issue with the Windows service that runs the OCR for full text from OCRing even when ALLOWFULLTEXT is False
- Fix: (SERVICE) Targeted new consolidated WebDocs Windows event log with WebDocs Service source instead of generic Application event log
- Must update all client applications (Scan Workstation, Tray Capture, et cetera) to use proxy 1.1.4 or higher to be compatible with this release
- Enhancement: Hides LDAP option on user edit page if LDAP is not configured
- Enhancement: Split document type list behavior so searches use a doctype list based on VIEW permission and checkins use INSERT permission rather than all user doctype lists being based on INSERT (NOTE: Tray Capture and Scan Workstation interfaces still require INSERT permission until changes are released)
- Fix: Page redirection when using URL searching now directs to login screen if not already logged in and forwards to the URL search immediately after logging in
- Fix: Issue causing a SQL exception when checking for a document's existence
- Fix: Issue saving an email contact with a single name
- Fix: Issue with basic searches returning null tables resulting in errors
- Fix: Issue with panel resizing on the search tab screens
- Fix: Issue with key search paging
- Fix: Issue with search panel column selection/sorting
Updating from previous versions may take some time depending on the number of documents currently stored in Webdocs. If Webdocs has more than several hundred thousand documents, consider running the upgrade during offhours.
- Enhancement: Additional performance tweaks
- Fix: Corrected full installer issue where you could not skip the database installation even if it was deselected
- Enhancement: Added personal and global address book for storing contacts for emails and other notifications
- Enhancement: Added default document type at the user level
- Enhancement: Added default folder at the user level
- Enhancement: Added ability to flag a document type field as required during import/checkin
- Enhancement: Tweaks made to the document type editing screen layout
- Fix: Tweaked application of user filters when viewing a folder's document list
- Fix: Corrected batch email redirect exception
- Fix: Fixed URL search session issue
- Fix: Email button now properly shows up on document details page
- Fix: Fixed LDAP authentication issue
- Fix: Changed session timeout behavior to auto-forward to login page rather than force a user to click
- Enhancement: Added method to the webservice
- Enhancement: Added additional login security to prevent passwords from being sniffed
- Fix: Corrected paging issue on URL search page when more than 3 pages of results are returned
- Enhancement: Added direct integration with Enterprise Workflow
- Enhancement: Added ability to resize and toggle panel visibility within the interface
- Enhancement: Interface no longer reloads tab panel content on tab switching
- Enhancement: Consolidated email screens and reworked email interface to provide more feedback and improve ease of use
- Enhancement: Removed need to reload foldertree pane after certain actions, changed to poll behind the scenes and update unobtrusively
- Fix: Corrected issue on orphaned documents page when clicking individual delete buttons where incorrect delete confirmation message was displayed which prevented the delete from occurring
- Fix: Deleting a folder no longer refreshes the interface incorrectly
- Enhancement: Added option to export basic and key search results to XLS and CSV format
- Enhancement: Added column select options to basic and key search results grids to allow showing up to all 30 keys in the grid
- Enhancement: Improved performance of basic, text and key searches
- Enhancement: Added option to move and email multiple selected documents to another folder from the document list view
- Enhancement: Added option to delete, email and move multiple selected documents from the basic, text and key search results
- Enhancement: Added option to move multiple selected documents to another folder from the orphaned document view
- Enhancement: Added additional confirmations on delete/move/email actions that affect multiple selected documents for orphaned/folder document lists and basic/key/text search result lists
- Enhancement: Added ability to change the page size on basic/key/text search results and orphaned/folder document lists
- Enhancement: Added ability to view document details page from URL searches by passing action=details along with documentkey=<documentkey>
- Fix: Icons in document lists that show what type a file is now correctly show Office 2007 formats (docx and xlsx) as Word or Excel icons
- Fix: Error relating to "invalid object dmUserDocument" message fixed
- Enhancement: Now compiled to use .Net 4
- Enhancement: Replaced full text indexing capabilities with new Windows service.
- Enhancement: Removed dependency on Seekafile.
- Enhancement: Added OCR full text support for TIF, JPG, BMP, PNG rasterized image formats.
- Enhancement: Exposed full text index location configuration within web interface rather than making manual edits to config files
- Enhancement: Upgraded version of Lucene engine
- Enhancement: Updated email functions to use .Net native functions
- Enhancement: Removed dependency on CDOSYS emailing
- Fix: Potential file upload failure bug in 1.1.13 when using webservice
- Fix: Clicking certain buttons in Internet Explorer 7 no longer results in a 404 error message.
- Fix: GridViews are properly striped again in Internet Explorer 7.
- Fix: Creating or editing a folder name and saving no longer results in changing the root folder's name and opening the default page in the content pane when using Internet Explorer 7
- Fix: Clicking on an attachment other than the first one in EML files with multiple attachments no longer causes a server error.
- Enhancement: Folder permission views to show when permissions are not specified in addition to either allowed or denied
- Fix: SQL issue when checking permissions for documents that have no document type specified
- Enhancement: Upgraded all jQuery libraries to current versions
- Enhancement: Updated all buttons to use new button widget for consistency and more advanced behavior
- Enhancement: Updated application styles to get the interface nearly identical in every browser tested
- Enhancement: Added ability to remember or clear index key values entered on upload screen
- Enhancement: Removed dependency on Microsoft AJAX extensions
- Fix: Corrected display issue on Folder Permissions By User/Group where user permissions were not displaying correctly even though the database was correct
- Fix: Cleaned up lots of extraneous HTML
- Enhancement: Added user option to save index key values they have filled in on the upload screen after a successful checkin in order to check in documents that may have similar values
- Fix: Downloading specific documents now correctly returns the requested version of the document instead of always using the most recent version.
- Fix: Ability to select document via checkbox and delete it is now removed.
- Fix: Browsing directly to login.aspx when a user session is already active no longer allows a new login
- Enhancement: Enabled document type lookup lists in the webservice and client dialogs
- Enhancement: Enabled searching over orphaned documents via the webservice
- Fix: Minor change to remove error "Path '/ScriptResource.axd' was not found."
- Fix: Minor change to login screen to prevent misleading errors that occurred on Windows Server 2003 when changing the language localization
- Fix: Minor change to make sure documents don't lose their active connections to the database before committing data
- Enhancement: Added ability to view EML format binary files directly in the browser instead of requiring Outlook Express or other 3rd party thick client viewers
- Enhancement: Added further context help and page flow to exit program functionality
- Fix: Adding a new document correctly returns true or false based on actual success result
- Feature: Added exit point functionality to allow tie-ins to external applications or databases at the Pre-/Post-Checkin and Pre-/Post-Update events
- Feature: Can now use the Lotus Notes addin to checkin documents to WebDocs Windows
- Enhancement: Webservice is now integrated into main application
- Enhancement: New permissions architecture allowing for hierarchical permissions assigments to users and groups to folders and doctypes
- Enhancement: New autosuggest feature for email pages
- Enhancement: Added security to the emailing action to allow control over who can email
- Enhancement: Added confirmation dialogs to document actions: Promote Version, Undo Checkout and Workflow Submit
- Enhancement: Changed Next/Previous button text on document history page to say Older/Newer to be more intuitive
- Enhancement: Added calendar datepicker to key search date criteria fields to make date selection easier
- Enhancement: Revamped self-registration page to match rest of application more closely and cleaned up validation significantly
- Enhancement: Added global exception handling to log errors and give clients a friendlier interface when errors occur
- Enhancement: Added administration screen for viewing/clearing the error logs that the website and webservice generate
- Fix: Corrected ability to manually enter an email address for non-WebDocs users
- Fix: Updated several icon tooltips to correctly reflect their action
- Fix: Corrected user filter on search results
- Fix: Adding a note from the workflow document screen now correctly displays the note contents instead of the note ID
- Fix: Adding a new document type no longer creates several blank document types in addition to the newly created type
- Fix: Previous notes field in workflow document screen no longer shows markup and successfully allows submission of the document
- Fix: File download dialog now correctly pops up during checkout process for non-IE browsers
- Fix: Version tab and Promote Version action correctly hidden from non-checkout and non-admin users
- Fix: Clearing out multiple document type index key descriptions correctly saves all modifications instead of just the first change
- Fix: Changed view document details button icon to be consistent with rest of application
- Fix: Document type field values with single quotes now appear properly instead of being cut off at the first single quote
- Fix: Saving username on login screen now correctly remembers username if box is checked and clears it if the box is unchecked
- Added mobile device interface, access via "<existing WebDocs URL.>\mobile"
- Streamlined code significantly for editing document details and downloading a document
- Fixed occasional errors viewing document details if a document's expiration date was NULL in the database
- Fixed issue with saving document details when opening a document for the first time
- Fixed LDAP setting occasionally not saving on user screen
- Fixed group permissions not saving on group permissions screen
- Fixed issues with trying to add field values to a doctype before saving the doctype to the database
- Add group column to user rights display table
- Completed internationalization of website
- Folder name is now displayed on document details screen
- Delete document button now shows up in doc details
- Changed URL search to load single document file directly
- Added folder as search filter on key search
- Enabled lookup lists in web interface
- Changed foldertree to save state
- Change pathing after assigning document to workflow
- Removed popup for workflowdocumentassign
- Removed popup for workflowdocument from workflowdocumentlist
- Reworked routing inbox to be consistent with other lists and be more concise
- Reworked checked out documents list to be consistent with other lists
- Reworked orphaned documents list to be consistent with other lists
- Notifications fixed on login errors
- Modernized look and feel
- Enhanced activity log display and performance
- Autoscroll folder treeview pane on permissions page
- Added script combiner to speed up and consolidate JS/CSS includes
- Added ability to have user template for new user creation
- Mixed mode user authentication
- Changed delete document functionality to first put in orphaned docs
- Changed orphaned docs to use new table to improve performance
- Added permissions editing to group edit screen
- Webservice - Added ability to add a document to a route
- Webservice - Added ability to return the list of document routes
- Added form validation for each form save state with required fields
- Encrypt user password for enhanced user security
- Fixed SQL connection issue on Vista Enterprise and Windows 2008 Server
- Full internationalization support, so if a specific user wants to select a language other than the default English they can do so on a per-session basis. Currently I have added support for US English and MX Spanish. For additional languages, we just need to find someone to translate the list of words/phrases then we drop in that translated file into the website and it works, voila!
- User permissions are now visually displayed on the user details screen so that you can see what folders and rights they have access to all from one place
- Performance on large data sets (1 million documents or more) has been significantly increased and the paging mechanisms have been completely rewritten
- All 3 search interfaces (basic, key and text) now function and look identical visually.
- Visual styling is now more simplified, consistent and modernized
- Added confirmation dialogs to all move/delete functions to prevent accidental moves/deletes
- When browsing a folder, the document list now features a select all button that allows you to instantly select all of the documents on the screen for batch actions such as group deletes
- Checkout process only requires one click rather than multiple clicks on multiple screens
- Increased performance of the web interface itself by updating and streamlining the page code and dependencies
- Reduced the number of physical pages in the website installation significantly
- Modified the full text search interface to provide better and more complete results
- Made the status messages more consistent in content and visual appearance across the application
- Fixed several SQL stored procedures related to deleting a document. Previous version would leave data behind in some tables which was impacting query performance
- Enter key now correctly works to trigger the searches on all 3 search interfaces
- Tooltips were fixed across the entire application to now display more consistent messages and actually appear on buttons/links that previously had not had tooltips attached
- Checkin of documents no longer throws an error
- Updated all buttons to be visually identical and consistent throughout the application. Navigation buttons and action buttons now appear grouped together and in consistent locations from screen to screen
- Reworked some of the page navigation between list screens and detail screens to be more intuitive and reduce required clicks
- Plus many more minor tweaks